SOCIAL CARE WORKER (LIME TREE PROJECT FAMILY SUPPORT AND ASSESSMENT
LOCATION: West Cork
REPORTING TO: Child & Family Service Manager
JOB TYPE: Full time
SALARY: Aligned to the HSE Consolidated Pay Scales March **Apply on
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE SOCIAL CARE WORKER:
* Engage with vulnerable families in the community through the
provision of trauma informed care work practices.
* Support the care of children where their living arrangements are
at a high risk of breakdown.
* Assess the needs of the families and design and deliver
appropriate interventions and supports.
* Liaise and advocate with relevant statutory, voluntary and
community services in relation to the needs of parents, families and
* Maintain factual, accurate and confidential records.
* Provide court and professional reports on the assessment of
families and of the parents’ capacity to change.
* Support the reunification of children with their family in the
* Implement both an intensive service to families in crisis and
planned interventions as part of agreed plans for children and their
* Deliver a compassionate and flexible service in line with
Childhood Matters mission and ethos.
* Work within a multidisciplinary manner to assess and promote
positive parenting skills and parent’s capacity to change.
* Support families through the provision of home visiting, family
support, group work and individual work with young people and/or
* Ensure service users are involved, as much as possible, in any
decisions that directly impact them and their lives.
* Support families to feel comfortable to engage in the service
irrespective of their religion ethnicity, gender, race ability or
* Promote an atmosphere in which parents/careers are encouraged to
take responsibility for meeting the needs of their children.
* Work closely with the wider Lime Tree Team and the Childhood
Matters staff as part of agreed plans for children.
* Liaise, where appropriate, with colleagues within Tusla, the HSE
and other professionals in external agencies.
* Attend and participate, as required, in Case Conferences, Court
hearings, team planning and review meetings.
* Contribute to service development and the provision of innovative
responses to emerging needs and trends.
* Respond to the the changing demands of the role and participate in
appropriate training activities.
* Undertake health and safety duties relevant to the post and/or as
detailed in the Health and Safety Policy.
* Undertake travel to engage with clients.
* Be available to work unsociable hours where appropriate and
* Be responsible for handling designated amounts of petty cash,
receipting monies as appropriate and conducting such transactions in
accordance with financial regulations.
* Relevant and recognised third level Qualification (minimum level
* Two-year post Qualification experience of working with vulnerable
* A working knowledge of TUSLA, Children First Guidelines and
relevant national polices and legislation.
* Hold a full Driving Licence & have a car at their disposal.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to engage in trauma informed work practices.
* A good understanding of the Infant Mental Health framework.
* Highly motivated, proactive and flexible.
* Empathetic and approachable personality.
* Ability to work as a team member/own initiative.
This job description indicates the main functions and responsibilities
of the post and is subject to review and amendment in the light of
service developments and changing circumstances and may include other
duties and responsibilities as may be determined from time to time by
Childhood Matters Management.
The above position is subject to the availability of funds and will be
subject to a satisfactory performance assessment. A 6-month
probationary period will apply.
The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a
manner in line with the mission and ethos of Childhood Matters which
promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all
service users and employees.
PLEASE SEE PERSON SPECIFICATION ATTACHED BELOW
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV AND A BRIEF COVER LETTER TO **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**, SUBJECT TITLE ‘LIME TREE’ BY 5PM, THURSDAY **APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE**TH NOVEMBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)