ANEW SUPPORT SERVICES CLG
JOB TITLE: Social Care Worker for Day Services and Outreach
REPORTING TO: Senior Service Manager
LOCATION: Based in Anew’s Centre in Dublin 2 with some travel.
With one day per week remote working.
FULL TIME: * hrs/wk plus “on call” duties
OVERVIEW OF ANEW
Anew provides practical and emotional support to pregnant women and
new mothers who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Our
service is unique, offering temporary accommodation with a range of
specialised interventions and supports to improve pre- and post-natal
outcomes for women, as well as working towards long-term homes. We
provide Accommodation in North Dublin, and Day Services/Outreach in
* We take personal responsibility for using our resources
efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to
supporters, partners and, most of all, the women, children, and
families who we work with.
* We bring out the potential in people including our staff and the
women and families that we work with. We think, feel, listen, see, and
understand with those who use our services.
* We strive for excellence in all that we do, it should be more than
“just good enough”. Our service should be excellent because
everyone deserves it.
* We provide a safe non-judgemental place for the women and families
who use our services. We reassure, respect, and provide an environment
Our approach is an evidence-informed style of work that recognises the
importance of relationships in delivering support services to
families. In line with Tusla’s “National Guidance and Local
Implementation, Investing in Families; Supporting Parents to improve
Outcomes for Children ( *)”.
Anew Social Care Workers support the women to build on existing
strengths and support positive parenting through:
* Intense person-centred key working on one-to-one basis.
* Evidence-based support planning in collaboration with service
* Education around life skills – pregnancy and baby care,
budgeting, relationships, cooking.
* Support with physical and mental health – including engagement
with to Peri-natal Mental Health Services.
* Bespoke programmes for women with children in care.
* Peer support programmes.
* Close liaison with other relevant professionals and stakeholders
such as Public Health Nurses, Tusla Social Workers, Local Authorities,
and other housing bodies.
* Engagement with Anew’s Housing Officer around housing
entitlements and placements.
SOCIAL CARE WORKER ROLE FOR DAY SERVICES AND OUTREACH
The primary purpose of the role is to provide intensive support to
pregnant women and new mothers experiencing homelessness in our Day
Services in Dublin 2 and via Outreach in the Dublin area. A flexible
approach is needed around hours of work to ensure the needs of the
organisation are met and the post holder is required to be “on
The post holder will have responsibility for the Day Services and
associated Outreach work as follows:
Working closely with Anew’s Senior Service Manager and Team Leader
the post holder will ensure the efficient and safe functioning of
Anew’s Centre in Dublin 2 and ensure efficient and effective
programme delivery in the Centre. As part of this, the post holder
will provide practical and emotional support through intensive key
working, delivery of programmes and through projects related to issues
such as domestic abuse, addiction, physical and mental health which
are faced by many of the women.
The post holder will be required to work in other locations such as
Family Hubs and other Emergency Accommodation delivering Anew’s
bespoke programmes to pregnant women and new mothers.
* Prepare and implement individualised and holistic support plans for
pregnant women and new mothers experiencing or at risk of
* Prepare risk assessments for the women and babies that use the
services of Anew.
* Engage in regular case management meetings using best practice.
* Provision of practical support and advice to new mothers to
develop skills to meet their babies needs on an ongoing basis e.g.,
budgeting, baby care, hygiene, nutrition etc.
* Liaise with the Housing and Information Officer in relation to
issues relating to access to entitlements and housing issues.
* Act as an advocate for the women and babies.
* Network with other relevant agencies in consultation with the Team
Leader and Manager to ensure an integrated approach to presenting
* Be vigilant for signs or concerns of physical, sexual and
emotional abuse and neglect regarding the welfare of children and
immediately bring any concerns to the attention of the Designated
* Assist with the delivery of programmes and projects throughout the
* Use the Outcome Star to monitor progress and effectiveness of the
* Work within a team centred consistent approach.
* Develop and implement shift planning.
* Ensure consistency and follow through on interventions between
* Provide accurate and precise information at handover and team
* Support other staff with follow through on resident’s support
* Provide verbal and written feedback on the progress of the mother
and baby as required.
HEALTH AND SAFETY (SPECIFICALLY FOR ANEW’S CENTRE IN DUBLIN 2)
* The role includes responsibility for Health and Safety of the
Centre and ensuring Health and Safety awareness amongst staff, service
users and visitors.
* As the Lead Person ensure Anew’s Centre adheres to all relevant
Health and Safety policies and legislation and that any security
measures for the Centre and its contents are operated as appropriate.
* Monitor health and safety, and maintenance in the Centre and
report any issues to management as appropriate.
* Be familiar with emergency procedures and know who to contact in
TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
* Participate in regular professional supervision.
* Participate in further training and development as required.
* Be responsible for self-health and wellbeing in order to carry out
the duties of the role.
ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY
* Maintain detailed records of Outcomes and ensure client notes, Care
Plans, and all electronic and paper files are kept up to date in
accordance with Anew’s policy.
* Compile and coordinate statistics relating to Key Performance
Indicators through the use of PASS, Outcome Star, online and internal
* Contribute to the on-going development of the service in keeping
with good practice and Anew’s objectives.
* Assist in the administration and day to day operation of the
* Participate in team meetings and report to the Team
Leader/Services Manager on matters affecting the delivery of service.
* Be accountable for any money spent on behalf of Anew.
* Be punctual and precise in maintaining time sheets.
* Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
* Collection of accommodation charge from clients and the
maintenance of financial records on income and expenditure related to
* Housing eligibility, HAP, other accommodation options and tenancy
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
* Commitment to the delivery of a quality service to pregnant women
and new mothers experiencing homelessness.
* Ability to act on own initiative and consult where appropriate.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and to make decisions in
consultation with line manager when appropriate.
* To be committed to adhering to best practice in work and be
innovative and open to change.
* Ability to form objective relationships with this client group.
colleagues and other agencies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* A minimum Level 7 qualification in social care/youth work,
addiction studies or related field is required.
* Experience managing and delivering small programmes and projects
is a requirement of this role.
* Good IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office is required.
* Experience working with women in a social care service,
residential care and/or homeless services is desirable.
* Ability to produce reports and deliver presentations is an
* Experience working with pregnant women and new mothers is an
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Full-time role is based on a *-hour week,
with one day per week remote.
* There is a probationary period of six months.
* Salary: DOE and as part of Anew’s Pay Scale.
* This post is dependent on the ongoing provision of resources from
* Anew is an equal opportunity employer.
* On-Call is a requirement of the role based on one week in six.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a
cover letter and a copy of
your CV to GRAINNE.BOLLARD@ANEW.IE before the CLOSING DATE OF 5PM
ON MONDAY, 4TH OCTOBER **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**. Please ensure to
include ‘APPLICATION FOR SOCIAL CARE WORKER – DAY SERVICES AND
OUTREACH’ in the subject line of your email.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A PANEL WILL BE FORMED FOR A WAITING LIST OF
CANDIDATES FOR ANY FUTURE VACANCIES THAT BECOME AVAILABLE IN THE
We need : English (Good)