JOB TITLE: SENIOR EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER
LOCATION: Dublin * – Ashleigh House
REPORTS TO: Early Learning & Childcare Team Leader
HOURS: * hours per week
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
SALARY: From € *. *-
€ *. *ph (depending on
qualifications & experience)
PURPOSE: To work alongside our committed Early Years & Childcare
professionals, to deliver a holistic child-centred program under the
guidance of the National Quality Frameworks, Aistear and Síolta in
line with Child Care Regulations (the Child Care Act **Apply on the
website** (Early Years Services) Regulations *.
CONTACT EMAIL: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Coolmine is a leading drug and alcohol treatment centre providing
community, day and residential services to men and women and families
with problematic substance use since *.
Coolmine believes that everyone should have the opportunity to
overcome addiction and lead a fulfilled and productive life.
Coolmine provides a residential addiction treatment service for women
and their children. An integral part of the service is the onsite
dedicated Early Years and Pre-school Service which is accessible to
all parents participating in the programme. Mothers can feel safe in
the knowledge that whilst they are engaging in our programme, their
child is being looked after in a safe, secure, caring and nurturing
environment. We are now seeking a Childcare Support Worker to assist
the childcare service where needed. The childcare worker must be
flexible to suit the service needs and adhere to all childcare
policies while providing a quality service.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
* To provide excellence in role modelling best practice
* Candidate must be able to work and support our young babies as
well as other age groups.
* To maintain professional boundaries
* To follow the childcare policies, in line with the government
guidance and statutory requirements. This also includes Coolmine
policies and procedures.
* To facilitate the role of a Key person for a cohort of children.
This involves facilitating 1:1 Key Person- Parent consultations,
preparing learning stories/observations and assessments of learning.
* To support and assist in the provision of high – quality Early
Years care and learning to children aged *
years of age, in a therapeutic community setting.
* Provide the children with, reciprocal interactions with children.
* Support activities to benefit the child while delivering a
* Support children’s holistic development.
* Contribute to the process of Observation & Documentation-
Including learning stories and Conducting observations & learning
stories for children.
* Build effective forms of Communication among team members
* Liaise with the parents, staff and the inter-agency team where
possible. Delivering, a holistic approach that caters for the children
accessing the Early Years Preschool & Baby-room.
* Engage with opportunities to upskill and access relevant training.
* Engage with Team Meetings and reflective practice.
* To be flexible and adaptable to suit the service needs when
* Practice and follow expected hygiene practices involving, good
hand hygiene and using Personal Protective Equipment.
* Candidates must hold a minimum of FETAC/QQI level 6 Early Years
qualification from a recognised body however a level 6/7/8 desired.
* Professional certification in Children’s First, First Aid and
Hand hygiene to be completed during recruitment or induction.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Must be a team player
* Clear written and verbal communication skills.
* Committed to meeting the needs of vulnerable children and parents
* Integrity, honesty, confidentiality and builds trust with others.
* Ability to foster and nurture reciprocal interactions with
* Team player and with flexible approach
* Respect for the values and ethos of Coolmine Therapeutic Community
Interested candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements
should send their cover letter, CV & Letter of Eligibility (where
needed) to Dylan Murphy HR Administrator at *
on or before *nd of September Please quote this
application reference code HR/DUB/SDL/SEYP/ *
COOLMINE THERAPEUTIC COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We need : English (Good)