ADULT EDUCATOR (CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT)
_(__A PANEL MAY BE FORMED FOR FUTURE VACANCIES)_
Location: FET Centre Mervue
Job Time: Permanent - Full Time
Hours: **Apply on the website** hours per week (may include some
evening and weekend work).
The Adult Educator (Curriculum Development Worker), under the
direction and guidance of Quality Assurance Coordinator, FET
management, and as part of a wider team. You will be employed to
assist in the administration, planning, supporting the design and
delivery of curricula to meet the needs and current demands of the
various stakeholders involved in the many FET programmes in Galway and
Roscommon. The FET Centres, within GRETB deliver Education and
Training at all levels from basic education to part-time and full-time
provision from Levels **Apply on the website** on the NFQ.
THE DUTIES OF CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT WORKER INCLUDE:
* Assist QA Coordinator in identifying curriculum development
requirements necessary to review, design and development of curricula
that is current, relevant, and applicable.
* Support the evaluation of modules, identify
modules/programmes/assessment instruments which require content to be
* Establish feasible timeframes to enable the content of programmes
and modules which have been identified as requiring updates to be
* Monitor practitioner and learner feedback and make relevant
changes to curriculum when appropriate.
* Support the QA Coordinator with programme development by
facilitating centres to achieve validation with various awarding
bodies, and assist in programme monitoring and review.
* Assist in the creation of an up-to-date register of FET Centres
with associated validated programmes and awarding bodies.
* Support the general administration, promotion of FET Support and
* Assisting answering of queries through the QA email and directing
queries to relevant personnel/ problem solving of queries.
* Contribute to the development of policy, procedures and practice
regarding curriculum development, design and certification.
* Assist in updating of FET Support and Development Sharepoint.
* Assist in the promotion of QA within FET including contributing to
the FET Support and Development Unit Newsletters and other
* Research the procurement of learning resource materials and assist
practitioners with same.
* Create and facilitate the development of stimulating teaching
* Research and promote appropriate external additional resources to
* Support the QA Team to develop a range of digital resources to
optimize classroom learning and ensure ongoing learning outside of
* Assisting centre management with monitoring and promoting new and
existing teaching pedagogies.
* Support QA Coordinator to increase the engagement levels of FET
practitioners in Curriculum Development and Design
* Support communities of practice amongst practitioners to enable
sharing of good practice, and where appropriate, to work in a
* Engage with Subject Matter Experts to evaluate and develop program
content, liaising with practitioners to ensure curriculum content is
up to date and fit for purpose
* Collaborate with TEL department to enable and facilitate TEL
involvement in curriculum development
* Attend meetings, dialogue, and workshops with GRETB other
stakeholders in relation to developing curriculum and module content.
* Network and building professional relationships with members of
other educational institutions.
* Develop new and enhance existing partnerships with relevant bodies
at local, community, national and international level to optimise
curricula which meets education and training needs in GRETB
* Represent GRETB, as required, by attending meetings with various
* Assist with briefings/training as required in relation to the QA
System, Curriculum and Assessment policies, processes, and procedures.
* Collaborate with PL&D and RPL Coordinator to ensure training and
workshops are provided to practitioners, to enable contributions to
* Deliver a range of both certified and uncertified modules relevant
to the needs of identified target groups.
* Promote and maintain an ethos appropriate to lifelong learning.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes and developments in the
* Undertake other such duties/projects as requested by the QA
Coordinator, AEO or Director of Further Education and Training at the
Galway Roscommon Education and Training Board.
* The Adult Educator (FET Support and Development) will report
directly to the Quality Assurance Coordinator in the first instance
but will work closely with all FET Services and centre management in
their specified region.
* The Adult Educator (FET Support and Development) will utilise the
relevant Galway Roscommon Education and Training Board management
information systems e.g. FARR, PLSS, QBS etc., to record and report on
programme and learner input, output and outcome data.
* The Adult Educator will support the implementation of systems and
procedures which contribute to SOLAS/ETB reporting requirements in
consultation with the QA Coordinator
Further Education and Training Department in GRETB.
* A qualification at Level 7 on the National Framework of
Qualifications or its equivalent or higher in relevant discipline(s)
commensurate with this role and the Further Education and Training
Sector would be advantageous;
* Experience in Teaching/Training
* Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and a
high level of initiative
* Excellent ICT and administration skills;
* Inni?lacht le dualgais an phoist a chomhl?onadh go h?ifeachtach
tr? mhe?n na Gaeilge/
Capacity to discharge the duties of the post through the medium of
The person appointed to the above post will be required to show
evidence of the following competencies:
* Specialist Knowledge, Expertise and Self Development
* Teaching/Instructing/Training ability
* Specific capacity to contribute to the overall development of a
learner and inclusion service within FET:
* Management and Delivery of Results
* Professional Development
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
REMUNERATION: _New Entrants: ?**Apply on the website**,**Apply on
the website** - ?**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website**
(pro rata, per annum)
Pre **Apply on the website**/**Apply on the website**/**Apply on the
website** entrants__: ?**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website** - ?**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** (pro
rata, per annum)_
IMPORTANT NOITCE RE: SALARY: As per DES guidelines, NEW APPOINTEES who
are entering this grade for the first time will start at the MINIMUM
POINT of the scale. Incremental credit MAY ONLY apply, if, immediately
prior to appointment, the appointee is already a serving Civil or
Public Servant. Rate of remuneration may be adjusted from time to time
in line with Government pay policy. _STARTING SALARY IS NOT SUBJECT TO
HOURS OF ATTENDANCE:
The Full-time Adult Educator is required to work **Apply on the
website** hours per week. Part-time positions as per centre need on a
Sick Leave will be in accordance with the arrangements authorised by
the Minister for Education and Skills from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Completed application form must be submitted online by **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE** NOON THURSDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**RD FEBRUARY **APPLY ON
All particulars of post and online application process can be found on
the gretb website :
We need : English (Good)