ROLE: GRANTS OFFICER
REPORTING TO: Director of Finance & Operations
BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
The Mater Foundation (MF) is focused on raising funds to fulfil our
mission to harness our supporters? kindness and generosity and work
together with our partners to continuously transform and improve
patient care at The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital. We will
ensure that the Mater Hospital is at the forefront of research and
innovation and is a leader in healthcare in Ireland.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Mater Foundation
as we have completed a comprehensive strategic review. The
organisation now has a 5-year roadmap to harness our success and
implement this ambitious strategy for greater impact to support the
hospital in the best possible way, whether that?s through patient,
family and staff support, vital research & innovation, advancing
medical equipment or new emerging services or hospital redevelopment.
Being embedded in the hospital highlights our cause, and we see
first-hand the impact our work has.
This strategy has been fully endorsed by an extremely committed board
of directors who have fully supported the need for investment to drive
ROLE PURPOSE/ SUMMARY
The Grants Officer will play an integral role in managing all
processes in relation to the distribution of grants to the Mater
As a key member of the Finance & Operations Team, this role reports to
the Director of Finance and Operations with support provided by the
Chief Executive and the Finance Officer.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Management of the Project Appraisal Committee (PAC) for the Mater
Foundation across the Mater Hospital.
* Ongoing development and refining of the Project Appraisal process.
* Rollout of the call for PAC annually.
* Collation of applications and registration on a tracker.
* Issue letters to successful & unsuccessful applicants.
* Management of the Purchase Order process for PAC and review
invoices against applications.
* Update of PAC movements and PAC Summary Schedules each month for
month end accounts.
* Dissemination of PAC projects to the Mater Foundation team to
support fundraising initiatives.
* Provide regular impact updates to the Mater Foundation team.
* Working with the Director of Finance & Operations in liaising with
the Mater Hospital stakeholders for PAC information.
* Conduct regular meetings with the Mater Hospital Finance
department and other department heads as appropriate in relation to
PAC draw downs and project updates.
* Management of Restricted Funds applications and draw down of funds
in conjunction with the Director of Finance & Operations and the
* Distribution of quarterly restricted funds reports to key
* Coordination of monthly drawdowns from the Mater Hospital in
conjunction with the Finance Officer.
* Support the Director of Finance and Operations and the Finance
Officer with ad-hoc queries or projects as necessary.
* Seek regular reports from Grant recipients on progress and impact
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of 2 years? experience in a similar role.
* Experience in the not for profit sector.
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
(Intermediate to Advanced).
* Experience in using Raisers Edge CRM or similar.
* Relevant professional qualification such as Accounting Technician.
* Good understanding of the charity sector and the codes of best
practice in fundraising and governance.
* A confident personality, with a can-do attitude.
* Self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and enthusiastic.
* Personable, approachable with a flexible attitude.
* Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills and the
ability to work well within a team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
and work on own initiative.
* Ability to prioritise and manage tasks whilst maintaining accuracy
and attention to detail.
* Trustworthy with the ability to maintain confidentiality as well
as a professional and discreet approach is essential.
* Strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills.
* A commitment to continuous improvement.
* Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity.
* High degree of numeracy, analytical, conceptual and problem
* SALARY: ?**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**K - ?**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**K
DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
* Permanent full-time contract (**Apply on the website** hours per
week) subject to probation period.
* Agile Working Policy (remote working as agreed with line manager).
* **Apply on the website** days annual leave & 2 gifted days at
Christmas & public holidays.
* Pension entitlement following successful probation period.
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme.
* Bike to work scheme.
* Training and Development opportunities.
Please send a cover letter (maximum one page) outlining how your
motivation, experience and skills fit the role and an up-to-date CV to
**Apply on the website** . Please insert GRANTS OFFICER in the subject
line. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: TUESDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH JANUARY **APPLY ON
We need : English (Good)