KILBARRACK COAST COMMUNITY PROGRAMME
Applications are invited for the post of:
FAMILY SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR
Kilbarrack Coast Community Programme (KCCP) began providing services
in **Apply on the website**. It was always our vision that as well as
providing hands-on services to people struggling with addiction and
their family members, that we would develop a range of services that
would break the cycle that was destroying our community.
The Family Support Co-ordinator position will work on implementing the
key goals set out in the National Strategy ? Reducing Harm
Supporting Recovery (**Apply on the website**). The primary aim is to
deliver a Community based Family Support service across the region of
Dublin North East. Family Support is defined as both a style of work
and asset of activities, which reinforce positive informal social
networks through integrated programmes.
Their primary focus will be on early intervention, aiming to promote
and protect the health, well-being and rights of all children, young
people and families, paying particular attention to those who are
vulnerable or at risk. The service will be most required to support
any service or activity designed to help individuals, of any age, to
cope with problems and stresses, which they face because of substance
misuse by members of their families.
The Family Support Co-ordinator will cover the Dublin North East Drugs
and Alcohol Task Force catchment area and will work closely with all
community, voluntary and statutory services.
The Family Support Co-ordinator will develop working relationships
with all Local Family Support Groups, Community based Drug
Initiatives, Statutory, Voluntary and Community Organisations.
THE FAMILY SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR WILL ALSO-
* Facilitate the development of an integrated system of Family
Support Services and Groups, such that all families affected by drugs
and/or alcohol misuse receive appropriate support.
* Plan, organise, develop and implement an overall strategy for
family support in the designated area taking account of all relevant
* Ensure the highest ethical and professional standards of care and
good practice is delivered in safe environment, promoting the use of
evidence based interventions i.e. 5 step model, CRAFT.
* Deliver evidence-based programmes such as SMART recovery,
Adolescent/Community Reinforcement Approach (ACRA/CRA), The 5 Step
method/ 2 Cope interventions.
* Work with family support groups in developing their facilitation
skills, group planning, activities and training.
* Deliver evidence based family support programmes as required.
* Liaise with and foster good relationships with the relevant
* Develop and implement management information systems appropriate
to the service or group.
* Support and ensure that family support groups operate within the
good practice guidelines and quality standards in family support.
* Prepare, produce and present work-plans and reports as required.
* Empower service users to make positive meaning changes and enhance
progression and referral onwards if required.
* Have knowledge of Child Protection guidelines and recognition of
the risk factors associated with Hidden Harm in the family.
The Family Support Co-ordinator must have-
* A 3rd level qualification in direct family support work or in a
* 3 years frontline paid experience working with families affected
by substance misuse.
* Open and innovative approach to work.
* Excellent knowledge of a broad range of evidence based
interventions in family support.
* Experience in care plan development and formal assessment.
* Full drivers licence and access to car.
* Excellent communication skills and team work.
* Proven record of working to a client centred non judgemental
* Training/accreditation in 5 step model, CRAFT and similar
interventions or working towards same.
* Knowledge of family programmes such as Triple P, SFP, Parenting
* Experience of group facilitation and one-to-one support.
* Experience of training delivery and workshop planning.
THIS JOB OFFER WILL BE MADE SUBJECT TO GARDA VETTING
Job Type: Full time
Salary: ?**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** -
?**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** p.a. (HSE Social
PLEASE SUBMIT A CV AND COVER LETTER BY EMAIL?**Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY THE **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**ST OCTOBER, **APPLY
ON THE WEBSITE**
We need : English (Good)