SOCIAL CARE WORKERS: DUBLIN CITY AND NORTH DUBLIN
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To provide a range of services to individuals with physical and
intellectual disabilities and/or autism as well as behaviours that
challenge. This includes services such as community outreach, home
support, personal care and day services. All care is person centered
and provides a holistic service in partnership with the person?s
circle of support.
Barr?g Healthcare is a family run organisation based in Dublin with
services nationwide providing residential care and day packages
nationwide to enable people who need support across the areas of
mental health, disability, aftercare, transitional and mainstream
social care. Our programmes are built around our central philosophy;
to embrace the possibilities for each person in our care and work with
support agencies and local community groups to grow and foster
independence towards an outcome of social interaction and purposeful
contribution, celebrating the best of each person?s ability. We
pride ourselves on working to support and champion both our service
user?s and staff and welcome applications from any person that feels
they would be a good fit within our organisation. The right candidate
for this role will strive to enhance the lives of the individuals by
promoting their community inclusion and equal citizenship.
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES VIA: E-mail, **Apply on the website**
JOB TYPE: Full time, part time and relief roles all available.
SALARY: starting from ?**Apply on the website** per hour
LOCATION OF POST: Roles available throughout Dublin City and North
Dublin (Dublin 7 and surrounding areas)
SHIFTS AVAILABLE: Day shifts. Shifts vary by location, please get in
contact for specifics of each location/role.
* Flexibility on working hours
* Competitive starting salary
* Sunday overtime rate
* Access to Cycle to Work Scheme and tax-free bus/Luas/rail/coach
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
* Promotion and development opportunities
* Support for further education and training
* Uniform provided
* Pension scheme (PRSA)
* Refer a friend bonus
* Discounted driving lessons
PRINCIPLE DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support service users with an intellectual / physical disability,
autism, mental health, challenging behaviour.
* Ensure service users are supported to make sense of their
environment, learn new skills and maximise their independence.
* Assist individuals with their daily living activities.
* Support individuals to live a meaningful life, with a priority
focus on equal citizenship.
* Facilitate each individual supported by the services to actively
participate and integrate into the community.
* Accompany service users to appointments and other events as
* Assist service user?s that have reduced mobility.
* Support service users with their health and well-being, personal
care including continence requirements if required.
* Undertake duties as may be assigned by your direct manager/team
leader to support the care of service users.
* Manage challenging behaviours, using a positive behaviour support
Candidates must have:
* One years? experience in a Healthcare/disability setting
* QQI/FETAC LEVEL 7 (or higher) Award in the field of Health and
Welfare, Health Care Support or Applied Social Care or Degree in any
Registered Social Worker ? Registered Nurse ? Registered
Other relevant qualifications which will be relevant to the post
applied for-e.g. Nursing, Addiction Studies, Teaching, Accredited
Youth Training, Psychology. Other qualifications may be considered in
light of service/ client group.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE SEEN AS AN ADVANTAGE:
* Full clean driver?s license
_All roles subject to Garda Vetting, overseas security clearance and
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR THIS POST, PLEASE FORWARD YOUR CV ALONG WITH
A COVER LETTER INCLUDING THE ROLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT
BAR TO **Apply on the website** . ALL APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES WILL
BE REPLIED TO PROMPTLY. A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THIS ROLE IS
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
We need : English (Good)