COMMUNITY CENTRE MANAGER
The Community Centre Manager is responsible for the overall management
of the daily operations of 2 Community Centres in the Balbriggan area,
including reporting to the Board/Representatives of the Board,
management and engagement of clients and activities, and general
management including staff management. He/she will be the main point
of contact for the Centres and, in line with the Community Centres?
mission, aims and objectives, will endeavour to provide a positive
focal point for the relevant local communities and to strive to meet
the needs of the diverse local communities in an inclusive way through
the provision of space which supports the promotion of participation
in sport, leisure, educational and recreational activities, whilst
maximising the use of the centres.
REPORTING TO: Community Centre Area Manager
TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* To act as the main point of contact for Community Centres.
* Develop close working relationships with all stakeholders, and
local community groups to ensure that there is a suitable healthy
environment for everyone using the Centres.
* Implementation of the Community Centres? Business aims and
* Market and actively promote the Centre in line with the Marketing
Plan, to obtain new clients and engagement with the community and
increase awareness and footfall into the Centres.
* Management, motivating and development of staff.
* Participate in performance reviews.
* Act as the main point of contact for hirers of the Centres.
* To have excellent problem-solving abilities and have the ability
to resolve challenging situations in a calm, effective and timely
* Respond to initial enquiries including showing potential hirers
for the Centre around, answer the telephone, reply to e-mails, using
on line tools etc.
* Produce letters, reports and other documentation as directed.
* Maintain appropriate filing systems and records.
* Ensure effective maintenance of the building ? including
maintenance programmes, ensuring the supervision of contractors and
others regarding work in the building.
* Manage the Centres? budgets to ensure income and expenditure are
in line with targets.
* To apply for relevant grants and funding for the Centres.
* Ensure all H&S guidelines and met and maintained.
* Maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to Centres?
users and general Centres? business.
* Ensure all process/procedures are developed and implemented.
* Other duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Background in community development would be an advantage
* Strong general management experience, including staff management
* Experience of organising and servicing effective meetings and
* IT literate with strong experience of Microsoft Office
* Good verbal and written communication skills, including welcoming
and friendly manner
* Good telephone manner
* Good problem-solving skills
* Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
* Ability to communicate with wide range of groups and individuals
* Ability to maintain records and correspondence
* Must have a proven work and attendance record
The position will involve attending meetings and training off site so
access to your own transport is ideal.
To Apply: Please email **Apply on the website**
Closing date: 2nd September **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)