TITLE: SUPPORT WORKER
PROGRAMME: Amiens st Homeless Services
THE EMPLOYER Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the
social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos.
Crosscare?s Homeless Services operate a range of residential
services targeting adults experiencing homelessness. The services aim
to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time **Apply on the website**.5 Hours per week
7 day rota (including evening & weekends ? Nights )
LOCATION Amiens st Crosscare?s Homeless Services
REPORTS TO: Project Leader/ Deputy Project Leader
ROLE & SERVICE PURPOSE:
To provide a critical service in **Apply on the website** hour short
term residential services to adult men, women, couples and families
experiencing homelessness. Those living with us are placed with the
aim of our services assisting them to secure a long term home whilst
ensuring all supports and personal attributes required to sustain
their home are put in place. We are committed to delivering the
highest standard of care possible and working closely with other
colleagues in care planning and case management in line with the DRHE
Our services are challenging environments as we seek to achieve an
inclusive approach working with people with complex issues.
This role is completely client focused consistently seeking the best
outcome for those we work for.
* Provide a high quality service and welcome to all residents of the
service, and engage with residents.
* Provide support to Social Care Workers and Night Project Workers
in all duties to facilitate the smooth operation of a busy residential
* Follow reporting policy & procedures regarding Child Protection
* Support colleagues in all duties including resolving conflict,
responding to health issues, premise management, taking referrals and
daily operational duties
* To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable
requests from Deputy Project Leader or Project Leader/Team leader in
order to ensure effective working relationships;
* To work in line with Crosscare?s policies and code of conduct,
and the standard operational procedures of the service.
* To ensure all records are maintained accurately;
* Carry out any out of hours admissions following the admissions
policy or provide information / access other options for the client.
i.e. Pass system;
FIRE/HEALTH & SAFETY
* Assist and/or carry out Fire checks as per Fire policy and
procedure of residents & building;
* To observe all Health and Safety policies of the project.
* Ensure that common areas both internal and external are kept clean
and tidy, promoting a high quality and clean environment for and with
* Maintenance ? address minor maintenance issues as they arise, or
report larger maintenance issues to project staff
* Participate in regular supervision
* Identify and attend relevant training
* Minimum Level 5 Qualification awarded by the National
Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI in a Social Care area, Addiction,
Youth Work and/or Healthcare
* Clear understanding of Child Protection
* IT Literate and good literacy and numeracy skills
* Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
* Clearly demonstrated client focus
* Ability to work under pressure
* Experience or willingness in working evening/night and/or shift
* An ability to carry out minor maintenance repairs
Please note applicants must clearly demonstrate the above essential
criteria in their application prior to being considered for
Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction
services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND THEIR CV & COVER LETTER SHOWING HOW THEY MEET
THE SELECTION CRITERIA & E-MAIL IT TO **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** OR SEND
IT TO HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT., CROSSCARE, CLONLIFFE COLLEGE, DUBLIN 3.
We need : English (Good)