EMPLOYMENT TRAINING COORDINATOR?
We now have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, driven and
skilled individual to join our team on a contractor basis as an
Employment Training Coordinator, to work as part of our Employment
Team.? This individual will play a central role in facilitating the
training programmes developed by DSI?s National Office & our
industry partners, to provide employment training to adults with Down
JOB TITLE: Employment Training Coordinator, Contractor, Down Syndrome
JOB LOCATION: Hybrid working model, including remotely, in national
office, and onsite dependent on training locations (within Dublin).
HOURS OF WORK: Hours will vary, dependent on programmes (these will be
set out at the beginning of each programme block)
CONTRACT: September-December **Apply on the website** (for current
PROBATION: 1 month
RENUMERATION: We would like to invite applications to tender,
providing hourly breakdowns of cost of service.
REPORTING TO:? Down Syndrome Ireland?s Head of Employment
* Provide training & support to adults with Down syndrome in a
variety of different industries including but not limited to
hairdressing, barbering, retail, hospitality, advocacy.
* Work with the Employment team to provide training & support to
employers to ensure successful outcomes from work placement.
* Work professionally and collaboratively with Down Syndrome
Ireland?s Adult Education & Employment teams in providing continuous
feedback on course content, delivery, industry gaps, and member?s
* Facilitate the teaching elements of Down Syndrome Ireland?s Work
Readiness Programme. These courses will combine online training with
practical work experience, in sectors such as hospitality, catering,
retail & office, and be comprised of sector-specific modules
* Provide online pre-employment & pre-interview training in
preparation for job interviews
* Support participants in their work placements.
* Communicate directly with adults with Down syndrome and their
families, oversee students.
* Work with National Employment team in holding Regional Open Days
in **Apply on the website**.
* Conduct task analysis, and other related course work relative to
each industry training module & student?s needs.
* To support participants on a day-to-day basis in their work
placements (on a reducing phased basis).
* Work professionally, effectively and sensitively with key
stakeholders to ensure that all participants are safe, feel safe and
are listened to with any concerns.
* Keep up to date on policies and programmes of relevance to the
employment of adults with Down syndrome.
* Assist with the completion of necessary paperwork incl.
evaluations, reports & documentation. Develop and maintain robust
record keeping procedures in line with relevant data protection and
* Commit to ongoing professional development.
* Conduct any other duties in line with the main objective set out
* The ability to motivate and assist adults with Down syndrome in the
classroom and workplace.
* The ability to act as advocate for adults with Down syndrome and
to foster relationships with employers and educators.
* Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
* Strong team working skills and an ability to work on own
* Excellent administration, organisation & ICT Skills
* Possess a full clean driving licence and have access to a car.
* Possess a standard leaving certificate and a relevant third
level/further education qualification.
* Prior experience working with adults with Down syndrome, an
understanding of the learning profile and needs of adults with Down
syndrome, and the ability to differentiate learning material to match
* Teaching qualification/Supported employment qualification and/or
intellectual disability support/advocacy related qualification
* Experience and understanding of the issues facing adults with Down
syndrome within the classroom, and in accessing employment.
* An acute understanding of the ethos of Down Syndrome Ireland and a
passionate belief in the abilities of people with Down syndrome.
* An ability to work with families, problem solve, research and
communicate and advocate for adults with Down syndrome
This role is on a contractor basis.? The successful candidate will
need to provide a service agreement/contract for each training course.
Successful candidate must possess own insurance, and be able to
provide Down Syndrome Ireland with a copy of same.
Successful candidate will invoice Down Syndrome Ireland on a monthly
basis, and will file for their own tax return independently.
Two employer referees(including most recent employer)
Garda vetting for the role is mandatory.
Closing date for receipt of applications is **Apply on the website**th
August **Apply on the website**
Applications should be email to **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)