HEAD OF FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION: Dublin City Centre
HOURS: Full Time
STARTING DATE: June **Apply on the website**
HOLIDAYS: **Apply on the website** days per annum
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
FIGHTING BLINDNESS IS A UNIQUE ORGANISATION FOUNDED IN **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**, ITS MISSION BEING TO FIND TREATMENTS AND CURES FOR
CONDITIONS CAUSING SEVERE SIGHT LOSS, SUPPORTING INDIVIDUALS AND
FAMILIES AFFECTED THROUGH OUR INSIGHT COUNSELLING SERVICE AND
EMPOWERING THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED COMMUNITY THROUGH ADVOCACY AND
OPPORTUNITY. FIGHTING BLINDNESS BRINGS TOGETHER LEADING EXPERTS WHO
SHARE ITS PIONEERING VISION FOR THE FUTURE AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN
EXPERIENCED HEAD OF FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN
ITS NEXT PHASE OF DEVELOPMENT.
Fighting Blindness seeks to maintain and grow existing fundraising
activities, to be complemented by a significant increase in individual
giving and cultivating high net worth donors.
JOB CONTEXT AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Fundraising and Development will
provide leadership to the organisation around fundraising and
development strategy and implementation. They will manage the small
but effective fundraising department with a view to growing the team.
They will be responsible for the events and campaigns undertaken by
the department and will ensure continuity through contacts with key
supporters and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and a track record of
successfully achieving goals. They will have experience of dealing
with a wide range of stakeholders, good interpersonal and teamwork
skills, the ability to communicate persuasively, work well under
pressure and coordinate wide-ranging stakeholder perspectives.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Head of Fundraising and Development duties include:
* Ensuring the achievement of fundraising goals.
* Provide strategic leadership and direct day to day fundraising
involvement and manage the Fundraising Team to develop income streams.
* Develop and manage the implementation of appropriate fundraising
strategies, operational plans, budgets and financial planning;
* Lead on significant corporate, trust and high net worth
relationships in partnership with the CEO along with the development
of a responsive corporate relationship plan and legacy strategy.
* Ensure that Fighting Blindness continues to comply with its legal
obligations with regard to fundraising, ensuring adherence with the
Code of Fundraising Practice and the Charities Governance Code and
maintains its reputation through its fundraising activities.
* Lead on digital engagement and to ensure effective digital
* Manage the relationship with existing funders and actively pursue
* Grow and diversify the team with additional new functions as part
of the new strategy.
* Personally manage the accounts of a number of key national and
* Work collaboratively with the CEO in delivering a number of major
gifts every year.
* Manage and develop our fundraising team to achieve ambitious but
* Develop new partnerships and a clear pipeline of potential
partners, through a planned programme of identification, cultivation,
and solicitation supported by a sophisticated strategy.
* Craft proposals that engage large funders and philanthropists to
support our work.
* Drive the cultivation and stewardship of the donor portfolio with
appropriate support systems.
* Play a key role in improving and developing major gifts and
philanthropic learning, experience, culture and techniques within the
* Play a key role in improving individual giving to increase overall
income from individuals.
* Deliver a legacy giving strategy and implement same.
* Ensure best practice is observed re the CRM (RaisersEdge).
* Co-ordinate and manage the department?s budget.
* Compile, report and share regular fundraising activity success,
challenges and updates with the CEO, other staff members, the
management team, our Board and our volunteers.
* Work closely with the Communications department regarding the
website and increased delivery of digital fundraising income.
THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA ARE CONSIDERED ESSENTIAL:
* Qualification in Marketing/PR/Sales/Events/Business or similar
* At least 5-years? experience in public or private sector,
ideally with non-profit experience
* Proven excellent managerial competence and leadership
* Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to identify, develop and
sustain new funding streams
* Demonstrable experience in growing income and knowledge of the
* Experience of developing ambitious fundraising plans and meeting
key performance indicators
* Relevant experience in negotiating large grants or gifts.
* Experience of working with Major Donors / Mid-Level donors / Trust
and Foundations / Legacy supporters, successfully bidding for their
support and providing ongoing stewardship
* Flexibility, innovation, initiative and a growth mind-set.
* Strong computer skills to include MS Office, and experience
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
* Experience in management of staff.
* Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a wide
range of donors.
* Ability to work effectively with other team members.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills and good leadership.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae
and cover letter to Anna Moran at **Apply on the website** by close of
business on **Apply on the website** May **Apply on the website**.
_FIGHTING BLINDNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER._
We need : English (Good)