BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
UNICEF works in the world?s toughest places to reach the most
disadvantaged children and to protect the rights of every child,
everywhere. Across more than **Apply on the website** countries and
territories, we do whatever it takes to help children survive, thrive,
and fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
And we never give up.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Officer
REPORTING TO: Corporate Partnerships Manager
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Partnerships
JOB LOCATION: Currently working from home. UNICEF Ireland, **Apply on
the website** Lower Ormond Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland
HOURS: **Apply on the website**.5 hours per week (9.**Apply on the
website**am to 5.**Apply on the website**pm)
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
CONTRACT: One Year
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Corporate Partnerships Team has achieved significant growth over
the last year, securing, and growing major strategic grants with
private companies through the UNICEF Corporate Vaccine Alliance.
UNICEF is funded entirely through voluntary contributions. The
donations and support we receive from businesses and memberships
organisations are crucial to the success of our work for children. By
partnering with the Irish business community, we work to provide
lifesaving aid to children and families caught up on the world?s
worst humanitarian crises and we work to save lives and transform
childhoods so that every child has the chance to not only survive but
We are looking for a committed and dedicated individual to join our
Corporate Partnerships team. The Business Development Officer will be
responsible for delivering funds from Irish based companies and
We are seeking a dynamic individual with exceptional motivation,
resilience and networking skills to drive this critical and expanding
area of UNICEF Ireland fundraising.
This is an exciting role for a self-starting individual who wants to
make a difference working with one of the most respected children?s
organisations in Ireland and globally. This position will have
responsibility for helping to drive the Business Development strategy
across a range of business sectors, building and developing the
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills,
experience in fundraising, sales or business development and be
willing to pro-actively engage with businesses on a routine basis.
This candidate will also have the capacity to draft concise,
articulate proposals and the ability to formulate creative
propositions. The successful candidate will have a high degree of
comfort delivering presentations and programme updates in informal and
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
REPORTING TO THE CORPORATE FUNDRAISING MANAGER, THE ROLE HOLDER WILL:
* Provide support to current corporate donors and partners ?
stewarding relationships to further develop UNICEF Ireland?s
fundraising potential with these supporters.
* Assist with the organisation of corporate fundraising activities
and events to help build UNICEF Ireland?s profile and engagement
with the corporate sector.
* Research & identify a pipeline of opportunities for revenue
generation and progress these in line with agreed KPIs.
* Assist with the administration and account management of existing
corporate partnerships & relationships.
* Prepare digital content such as social media posts, website or
brochure content, fundraising products and copy to support corporate
* Prepare documents for the Corporate Partnership Manager for
meetings and presentations.
* Assist with the co-ordination of major corporate fundraising
appeals ? newsletters, campaigns, UNICEF Corporate Vaccine Alliance,
?Get a Vaccine, Give a Vaccine? campaign, the Corporate Christmas
appeal, including preparation of corporate database lists, liaising
with printers and designers, and meeting deadlines.
* Grow UNICEF Ireland?s employee fundraising appeals and
engagement opportunities & activities, such as volunteer activities
* Manage and track invoices issued for donation made via bank
* Write and design acknowledgement materials for donors, segmenting
based on giving levels
* Carry out lead generation activities via cold calling and outreach
via email and social media.
* Ensure that all activities comply with UNICEF Ireland?s
Fundraising Policies and Procedures, as well as all legislation
governing charity activity including GDPR.
* Any other duties as identified by the Corporate Partnership
Manager to further develop the portfolio of partnerships and income
from this sector.
* To demonstrate creativity, drive, dynamism, commitment, attention
to detail and best practice in all activities.
* Ensure information systems are maintained and kept up to date as
* Ensure compliance of charities regulation, data protection acts,
governance and best practice.
* Well experienced in MS Office and CRM software (Microsoft Dynamics
desirable but not essential).
* To keep abreast of current developments in the NFP & NGO
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Excellent presentation, communication (written & verbal) and
* A minimum of 3+ years proven and relevant experience in
fundraising and/or sales and/or customer facing.
* Experience in Corporate fundraising and relationship management is
* Proven experience in stewardship and developing new business.
* Confident networker with the ability to forge strong working
* Flexibility and adaptability, a willingness to take on additional
duties with a growth mind-set.
* Flexible approach to working hours in response to varying demands
of the office.
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as proactively working
* Strong Report writing & IT skills ? including CRM Databases,
Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Competency of engagement with established social media channels.
* A keen interest and understanding of the not for profit sector as
well as fundraising principles.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
* Third level education.
* Committed interest in the work & principles of the UNICEF.
* Good administrative and organisational skills.
* Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to respond to a varying workload in a busy environment.
* Ability to meet deadlines and targets.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Salary will be commensurate with experience
* **Apply on the website**.5 hours/week, Mon-Fri
* Term: One Year Contract
* Location: UNICEF Ireland, **Apply on the website** Lower Ormond
Quay, Dublin 1 and, where agreed, remotely
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to changes as is
required within the Partnerships team. Or any other criteria which we
deem to be appropriate for the role.
UNICEF Ireland is committed to adhering to the highest standards of
child protection and child safeguarding. UNICEF reserves the right not
to employ staff or engage volunteers or other representatives who are
deemed to pose or potentially pose a risk to the protection of
children, to the full extent permitted by law. Additionally, all
candidates must sign UNICEF Ireland?s Child Protection Policy &
Procedures before commencing employment, engaging as a volunteer,
intern, consultant or representative of UNICEF Ireland.
please send your CV and Cover Note in an email titled ?Business
Development Officer? to Owen Buckley (**Apply on the website**
(mailto:**Apply on the website**) by 5pm on Wednesday, 9th of
We need : English (Good)