FOR THE WATERFORD AND SOUTH TIPPERARY LOCAL AREA EMPLOYMENT SERVICE
(WSTLAES) FULL-TIME POSITION – **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HRS / WEEK
(FIXED TERM CONTRACT)
The WSTLAES is responsible for the provision of employment assistance
and advice services to jobseekers in the Waterford and South Tipperary
area, to help them to enter or return to employment. The jobseekers in
the service are primarily those who are long term unemployed and
farthest from the labour market.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Each Caseworker will work as a member of the WSTLAES Team to provide
services to the long-term unemployed.
Each Caseworker will be required to provide one-to-one support and
guidance to the long-term unemployed and those furthest from the
labour market to help them in their progression from unemployment to
The caseworker will be based in Waterford City. They may, however, be
expected to travel to various locations throughout the service
catchment area (County Waterford & South Tipperary to meet service
demand. It is intended to form a panel of successful candidates as a
result of the interviews.
* Provide a practical but empathetic approach to engaging all
* Ensure the effective completion of referral appointments made by
Department of Social Protection (DSP) through the WSTLAES Manager.
* Engage with referred clients using a three-tier approach
encompassing: Initial assessment, Assessment of readiness to work and
change. Interview and engagement.
* Identify client goals, aspirations, and barriers to employment,
providing good customer service, including meeting and professionally
* Explain WTSLAES service offering, ensuring the client understands
their rights and responsibilities (including the complaints and
feedback process) whilst registering the client under contractual
obligations and eligibility criteria.
* Ensure all initial assessments focus on getting to know the
participant, their motivation and exploring their aspirations and
* Identify, clarify, and manage the client’s expectations of the
process, including data protection, confidentiality, and ground rules
of the LAES intervention and the relationships required to achieve
* Manage a caseload efficiently and effectively in line with company
and funders procedures and guidelines and against defined KPIs.
* Maintain a Personal Progression Plan (PPP) and curriculum vitae
preparation for clients.
* Prepare a PPP with each client and identify the individual
* Work with the Employer Liaison Manager to identify employment
opportunities and notify clients of these potential employment
* Maintain a database of clients and groups in the catchment area
using the DSP’s IT database.
* Responsibility for arranging and managing client appointments.
* Assist clients with job preparation, including curriculum vitae
preparation, job seeking and interview skills.
* Liaise with employers to provide a job-matching service.
* Assess and ensure clients are signposted both internally and
externally, with the specific objective of ensuring labour market
* As necessary, liaise directly with the respective ETBs, Solas,
Turas Nua, Seetec, DSP, and other public and private training
providers and agencies.
* Complete Coretime daily so that the WSTLAES Manager has an
accurate KPI dashboard.
* Present oral and written reports to the WSTLAES Manager and others
* Ensure the delivery of a service adhering in line with the Q Mark.
* Provide delivery flexibility, as necessary, in line with the SLA
* Demonstrate a willingness to take on additional duties as and when
* Have detailed knowledge of employment, enterprise, and career
* Have a clear understanding of the role of the Local Area
* Have a realistic picture of labour-market employment and skills
* Possess a well-grounded understanding of basic labour-market
counselling and guidance concepts.
* Have a clear understanding of the effects of unemployment on the
individual’s self-image, behaviour patterns and general well-being,
particularly the effect on long-term unemployed people.
* Possess an understanding of the barriers facing unemployed people
in accessing progression options.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Three years’ experience of working in employment, enterprise and
career guidance counselling, vocational guidance or social work
* Experience working to address the common barriers to employment.
* Job coaching experience.
* Good IT skills, with experience of content management systems
being an advantage.
* A formal qualification or study experience in guidance or
counselling or another relevant field (qualified to L7 or be willing
to work towards L7 accreditation) or relevant work experience
* Demonstrate developed, effective, and efficient liaison skills
across multiple stakeholders.
* Capacity to be a strong influencer and motivator and inspire trust
with all involved.
* Experience in managing caseloads, delivering to KPIs and reporting
on same, using advanced MS Office and IT skills.
* Demonstrate the capacity to be positive, empathetic, flexible,
motivated, and a self-starter who can communicate effectively and have
sound financial, listening and administration skills.
* Demonstrate a practical approach to working with WSTLAES clients.
* Experience in forming good working relationships with individuals,
colleagues, combined with excellent communication and listening
* Confidential by nature, with excellent verbal and written
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
* Duration of contract The standard contract will be of a fixed term,
concluding on *th June **Apply on the
* The position may be extended beyond that date depending on
* It will be subject to a probation period of 6 months, which may be
* Working week. The normal working week is *
* Salary depending on experience with increments scheme.
* Caseworks will be appointed, and their work base will be Waterford
* They may, however, be expected to travel to various locations
throughout Waterford or South Tipperary to carry out their duties. It
is intended to form a panel of successful candidates as a result of
* Car Ownership - Successful candidate is expected to have their own
car and have a full driver’s license.
* Garda Vetting may apply to the post.
TO APPLY FOR THE ABOVE POSITION, PLEASE FORWARD A COPY OF CURRENT
CURRICULUM VITAE AND LETTER OF APPLICATION NO LATER THAN 5.**APPLY ON
THE WEBSITE** P.M. **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**/**APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**/**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** - TO:
MR LIAM QUINN ; EMAIL: **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
Private & Confidential
Mr Liam Quinn, CEO
Waterford Area Partnership CLG
Westgate Retail Park
Tramore Road, Waterford
X * H2NN
NB: CANDIDATES WILL BE SHORT LISTED ON THE BASIS OF THE CURRICULUM
VITAE & NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE NOTE THAT
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY AND WILL RESULT IN EXCLUSION FROM THE
We need : English (Good)