Mission Statement of L’Arche:
_“__To make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities
revealed through mutually transforming relationships. To engage in our
diverse cultures, working together to build a more humane society.
To foster an environment in communities that is inspired by the core
values of our founding story, and that responds to the changing needs
of our members.”_
GARDEN PROJECT LEADER
We are currently recruiting a permanent position for GARDEN PROJECT
LEADER to work as part of our Day Service Team. L’Arche Kilkenny
invites applications from suitable candidates
This is a full time 5 day a week position dependent on continued HSE
There is a 6-month probationary period applying to the employment.
JOB PURPOSE & ROLE
* The role of the Garden Project Leader is to work with the Core
members while maintaining the upkeep and development of the Garden
Project and grounds. The Project Leader should use their knowledge and
expertise in the running the Garden Project and to appropriately
support the Core Members in pursuit of their lifestyle choices. The
role is both a leadership role and a “hands on role”.
* They will have a key role in sustaining and building on the
existing range of food growing and in enhancing all areas of the
Garden Project. This should include innovation and enhancing local
partnerships within the local community.
* As leader of the Project the person is responsible for the Core
Members attending and enabling them to progress in their abilities and
to teach them in techniques that can be used. The aim of the Project
is to establish skills suitable for the person’s ability and to
initiate a sense of self- worth for the participants.
* It is important that the person centred plan for each Core Member
is respected and that in relation to their choices, realistic options
are given. It is also important that the objective of gaining new
skills and more independence is actively promoted. As a person
responsible for the care and safety of Core Members, it is important
that the Project leader has qualities of empathy, caring, is
observant, has good communication skills, patience, respect and is
conscious of humanitarian justice.
* To be responsible for the daily work routine and welfare of the
Core members, Staff and Assistants in the Garden Project.
* You will be accountable to the Day Service Coordinator.
* To promote the dignity and image of the Core Members.
* Maintenance of records, monitoring accidents, incidents, reporting
and recording them appropriately.
* To ensure that a long term plan is in place to guide the Garden
Project to achieve its goals and objectives as a service for adults
with intellectual disabilities.
* To work towards the implementation of “New Directions” for the
Day Service and, on an ongoing basis, to continue exploring current
best practise for Day service provision for adults with intellectual
* To ensure that the Garden Project is run in keeping with the ethos
and spirituality of L’Arche as outlined in our Identity and Mission
* To assist the Day Service Coordinator in regard to compiling and
presenting reports as required.
* A minimum or equivalent to Fetac Level 5 or Social care
qualification and be experienced in working with people who have an
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (EXTRACT):
* Experienced in working with people who have an intellectual
* A working knowledge of New Directions, Health and Safety
regulations, knowledge of HIQA standards and requirements.
* A wide range of experience and knowledge in horticulture.
* Fluent English and excellent communication skills.
* Proficient IT skills to include Excel and Word.
* Must be able to demonstrate sufficient evidence of communication,
interpersonal and decision-making skills.
* Be actively involved in the individuals care and support, person
centered planning, playing an important part in the continuing
assessment and review of the individuals needs and progress.
* Contribute by working closely with other members of L’Arche
Kilkenny, helping promote good practice,
* To attend and contribute to regular Day Service Work Team
* Along with the Garden Project Leader, plan for maintenance of all
outdoor/indoor equipment. This will mean a schedule of planned
maintenance for each piece of equipment.
* Ensure all hand tools and basic light machinery are maintained and
safe to use.
* Maintaining all areas of the garden are clear from rubbish and
The post is subject to Garda vetting
Applications should include your current Curriculum Vitae, along with
a cover letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this
role. Copies of Job Description are available on request by contacting
Chris at details below.
Please submit the application form along with a CV and a cover letter
to: Chris Hayes, Community Leader, L’Arche Kilkenny, Fair Green
Lane, Callan, Co. Kilkenny or via email to Chris Hayes _**Apply on
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION IS WEDNESDAY **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH APRIL **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
SALARY SCALE: TBA
We need : English (Good)