REPORTS TO THE GENERAL MANAGER.
Will have five years’ work experience as an Operations Manager /
Activity Manager or similar role.
Castlecomer Discovery Park is a multi-activity, award-winning
adventure park in Co. Kilkenny operating as a not-for-profit social
enterprise. The organisation welcomes over **Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website** visitors annually. The Park o?ers
a variety of outdoor activities to visitors, including boating and
canoeing, orienteering, archery, a tree-top walk, a high-ropes Octagon
course, Ireland’s longest zip-line and a junior play area.
To manage the range of adventure activities and seasonal events at
Castlecomer Discovery Park including activity instructors. The role
requires planning, development, coordination, evaluation, budgeting
and reporting on activities and events to maximise revenue. We are
looking for a dynamic person that is passionate about adventure, can
manage the day-to-day operations to include project management.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPSONSIBILITIES:
* Planning, development and coordination of the outdoor activity
programme and events to maximise the outdoor earnings potential.
* Development of budget for all activities and manage against
* Responsible for ensuring proper working order of Outdoor Activity
equipment, including certification, monitoring and maintenance
* Lead the parks maintenance function, responsible for planning the
parks maintenance, scheduling annual and routine maintenance work,
oversee and participate in the timely completion all work, to include
roads, paths, buildings, and activity repairs.
* Schedules and obtains costs for all maintenance related work,
schedules the installation of all new activities to include obtaining
* Manages and schedules all annual and routine safety systems
throughout the park, to include activity safety inspections, fire, and
* Drive a positive safety culture through all our business and
outdoors activities, stay current with health and safety legislation.
* Manage the parks health and safety function through a process of
hazard identification, undertake and maintain all risk assessments.
* Keep our H&S policy and safety manual fully compliant with
legislation and good practices.
* Work to maintain a safe place of work for our staff and visitors
through accident prevention procedures.
* Involved with recruitment and development of Outdoor Activity
Instructor team, Ensure all staff are trained appropriately to
undertake their roles in accordance with our safety procedures.
* Maintain staff HR files for instructor staff.
* Generate staff rosters and weekly checking of same
* Supporting the General Manager in the design of training courses,
logistical issues, and new activities
* Supporting the General Manager in the smooth running of the
business and responding analytically and creatively to opportunities
* Day to day administration and record keeping for all activities,
equipment, and events.
* Development of Recreation strategy in collaboration with Education
* Collaboration with Education Officer for development of Education
* Set example to all staff to lead and instruct individuals or
groups in various activities organised by Castlecomer Discovery Park
* To operate all activities according to the required operational
standards and best practice set out to all staff in the Operating
* To prepare, update and distribute Activity Operating Procedures to
* Direct marketing to initiate, build and develop connections with
relevant target groups.
* Monitor and act on relevant complaint logs and incident reports.
* Planning, development, and operation of outdoor events
* To coordinate seasonal events to progress sales including our
significant Christmas event.
* Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills!
* Training and certification in areas of High Ropes Courses,
Kayaking, Canoeing, Single Pitch Award, Mountain Leader or similar
* Occupational First Aid Course, Remote Emergency Care (or
* Manual Handling/working at height.
* Child Protection Course
* Garda Vetting required
* Able to physically complete activities in competent manner
* Hold a full clean driving licence.
* ERCA advanced parks trained desirable but not essential.
* Hold a qualification in occupational health and safety.
* An adventure tourism background desirable.
* Health & Safety Qualification
* Experience of working and maintaining high ropes courses/trade
* Good IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
* Time management and organisational skills
* Customer service skills
* People management skills
* Fluent use of English language
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to work in high-risk environment including extreme sports.
* Demonstrate leadership skills
* Demonstrate initiative skills
* Contribute effectively to the company’s social media platforms.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
**Apply on the website** hours.
Normal working week will be 5 days between Monday to Sunday with
occasional evening work as required.
Please apply with CV and cover letter to **Apply on the website**
Closing Date **Apply on the website**st March **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)