SUPPORT WORKER DAY SERVICES
JOB TITLE: Support Worker for Adults with ASD and ID
JOB LOCATION(S): SOS Kilkenny – Aspect Cahir Day Service
REPORTING TO: Aspect Cahir Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: One Year Fixed Term
HOURS: **Apply on the website** hrs per week. Mostly daytime hours,
occasional evening work may be involved in this role
SALARY: Linked to HSE Consolidated Grade
_(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide
to the role)._
* Facilitation and support of individual programmes of meaningful
* Working as part of a team in respect to enable the people we serve
to make choices about their lives.
* Supporting service user to access community, training, employment,
education, social options.
* Liaising appropriately with service users, their network of
support, family members and other professionals where applicable, to
ensure consistent planning.
* Provide support for individual personal care needs if required.
* Working as part of a team to ensure that service objectives are
met and reviewed so as to improve and develop the service.
* Working in partnership with colleagues and management to
establish, maintain and monitor standards of performance for all
aspects of the service, including service user involvement and
* Completion of reports as deemed necessary by the company.
* Attendance and successful completion of any training, education
and development deemed necessary to support you in your role.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
* Minimum of QQI LEVEL 7: Degree in Social Care/Applied Social
Studies/Psychology/Education or other relevant qualification at degree
* Alternatively QQI LEVEL 5 / 6 with a minimum of 3 years relevant
experience in day services (Person centred planning experience in
* Working with individuals with intellectual disability and/or autism
spectrum disorder would be a distinct advantage.
* Experience in delivering positive behaviour support and low
arousal approaches in a person centered environment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Awareness of key worker role and philosophy surrounding supporting
people with intellectual disabilities
* Programme planning.
* Knowledge of Social Role Valorisation approaches.
* New Directions, HIQA and National Standards
* Excellent communication skills with ability to develop positive
relationships with stakeholders.
* Computer literacy
* Ability to design schedules, facilitate achievement of
individual’s personal goals.
COMPETENCIES AND VALUES:
* Human Rights Based Approach.
* Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
* Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
* Planning and Organising.
* Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
* A Full Clean Driving Licence is essential.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to
**Apply on the website**. Closing date for receipt of applications is
FRIDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH FEBRUARY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
We need : English (Good)