WELLBEING OFFICER - YOUNG IRISH FILM MAKERS
(AFTER SCHOOLS & LOCAL TRAINING INITIATIVE)
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Young Irish Film Makers is a specialised youth arts organisation
founded in **Apply on the website** with the aim of bringing together
the methodologies of youth work and the youth arts practice of film
making. YIFM delivers a variety of specialised programmes in both film
and animation in various locations nationwide; engaging young people
in the artistic process of writing and producing films. YIFM work with
youth organisations to target marginalised and disadvantaged young
people, in schools to engage with primary and secondary students, and
a number of partnerships and collaborations which deliver complex and
unique programmes locally and nationally. As a specialist organisation
member of the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI), YIFM has
become recognised for their unique and valuable contribution to the
youth arts landscape in Ireland.
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES OF A YIFM STAFF MEMBER:
* Capacity to engage and work on a professional level with young
people (9 - **Apply on the website** yrs). The role demands the
ability to work in a collaborative environment with young people from
a variety of backgrounds and abilities.
* A commitment to the principles of youth & community work.
Empowerment, equality and inclusion.
* Experience or strong desire to work in non formal education
provision. YIFM is about facilitating young people's personal,
creative and social skills development.
* A forward thinker and problem solver. You will be required to
think on your feet and use your initiative to work creatively in a
variety of locations and scenarios.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The role will
require presentation and facilitation skills to deliver workshops to
large groups of young people.
* We like to have fun in the work we do with young people, so a
positive outlook, healthy sense of humour and self awareness goes a
* Clean and well groomed appearance, but with your own sense of
style! We ask that all YIFM workers arrive to work in clean clothes,
washed and looking their personal best.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Proven capacity to engage with young people (**Apply on the
website** years) in a professional manner, building supportive
relationships with a strengths based approach.
* Experience of facilitation in non-formal education/youth
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Action oriented, creative thinker with the ability to problem
solve and a willingness to learn.
* Knowledge and experience of report writing.
* Third-level degree qualification in education, youth work,
community, wellbeing or related subject Level VII+ qualification.
* An appreciation of film and animation as art forms is desirable.
The core role objective is the wellbeing of young people in an
informal education / youth arts capacity. This position requires an
understanding and compassion for all young people, particularly those
of a disadvantaged or marginalised background.
The ideal candidate will work with two YIFM programmes, our After
Schools programme for 9 - **Apply on the website**yr olds and our full
time QQI level 5 Digital Media course which serves **Apply on the
website** - **Apply on the website** yr olds. It is an exciting
opportunity for someone to join a highly motivated team working in a
unique youth arts space with young people.
This role requires an interdisciplinary set of skills and competencies
and is very rewarding in terms of professional development as a
May suit someone with a background or training in the informal
education space or social sciences. (i.e. - a youth worker/community
worker or someone with experience in informal education/youth arts).
Must be flexible to work both online and face to face.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
LTI (QQI LEVEL 5 FULL TIME COURSE)
We need : English (Good)