SOS Kilkenny clg
RESIDENTIAL SERVICE MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Residential Service Manager- (Person in Charge)
REPORTING TO: Residential Operations Manager
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent.
HOURS/SALARY: **Apply on the website** Hours per week - Shift,
evening, weekend and “on- call” hours will be involved in this
SALARY: Linked to relevant HSE Scales and is dependent upon level of
* Manage the day-to-day running of the residential services in
community settings for adults with intellectual disabilities and /or
* Support individuals to live in their own homes in the community.
* Lead and support a staff team including staff supervision and
appraisal including, rotas, team meetings, debriefing, and training.
* Delegate work appropriately and ensure that all staff are fully
informed, equipped, supported and effective in carrying out their
* Maintain a strong presence that encourages and promotes best
practice to fellow staff members.
* Liaise with the Service Management Team, Multi-disciplinary
supports and all other functions within the service.
* Plan and develop future services including supports for people
with autism in line with best practice.
* The Residential Service Manager will act in the role of Person in
Charge for the designated centre(s) and will be responsible for
maintaining all HIQA standards.
_PERFORMANCE & STANDARDS:_
* Promote appropriate liaison between the people we support, their
network of support, family members and other professionals where
applicable, to ensure consistent planning and best outcomes.
* Ensure the service objectives are set and reviewed regularly with
a view to improving and developing the service.
* Establish, maintain and monitor standards of performance for all
aspects of the service appointed to you, including the involvement of
and consultation with the people we support.
* Manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture of
safety, welfare and quality of life for those supported by the
* Ensure compliance with organisational policies and procedures,
Health Act **Apply on the website**, New Directions and other
* Ensure that the service meets the agreed requirements of the people
we support, getting the balance right in risk assessments between
enabling residents to make choices and fulfilling the service duty of
* Ensure processes are compliant with The National Standards for
Adults with Disabilities.
* Ensure the co-ordination of multidisciplinary supports.
* Ensure appropriate resources are available for quality service
* Maintain regular communication with the individual’s family or
network of support through formal and informal means.
* Process and follow up on referrals to the service from HSE, other
services and families.
_(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties pertaining to the role
but is rather a guide)._
_EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:_
* Candidates must have a minimum of a B.A. in Social Care/Nursing
Qualification or the equivalent in a related discipline, and hold a
minimum of 3 years Management/Supervisory experience.
_KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:_
* Have a knowledge of evidence-based practices, methodologies and
approaches found to benefit individuals with who we support and be
familiar with best practice in the field.
* Have attention to detail, be self-directed, ability to adapt to
new situations, display strong service provision standards and
communicate effectively both verbally and in written format.
* Strong experience in HIQA inspections is essential.
* Ability to supervise a team covering all aspects of practice.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Flexibility, as from time to time additional duties/hours may be
* Full drivers licence essential and use of own car.
Interested applicants should email an up to date Curriculum Vitae to
**Apply on the website**. Closing date for receipt of applications is
Friday **Apply on the website**th January **Apply on the website**.
We need : English (Good)