BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT SPECIALIST
St Patrick’s Centre is currently in a transition period as we move
from a congregated setting to community based supports which will
enable people to live a good life in their own home, with the supports
and opportunities to become active, valued and inclusive members of
their local communities. St Patrick’s Community Services enable a
supported self-directed living (SSDL) model of provision which is
underpinned by our beliefs, values and vision.
We are currently recruiting a BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT SPECIALIST – FULL
TIME, PERMANENT CONTRACT, to work as part of a Community team. We are
looking for candidates who are committed to supporting people with
disabilities to ‘live their best lives’ in a person centred,
community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our core
values, national standards, and underpinned by quality, best practice
Please submit the application form along with a CV and a cover letter
to: HR, St Patrick’s Centre, Unit **Apply on the website**, Danville
Business Park Kilkenny or via email to **Apply on the website** . Full
job description & application form available from
http://www.stpatrickskilkenny.com. Enquiries to Adrienne Hayes or
Denise Foran on **Apply on the website** **Apply on the website**.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS MONDAY **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**TH DECEMBER
**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**.
SALARY SCALE: Linked to HSE Salary Scales Social Care Worker/Staff
* Essential qualification: A relevant 3rd level qualification, for
example psychology/ social science/Nursing
* Desirable qualification: To have/or be in the process of
completing a relevant Masters programme, for example CBT/ ABA.
* Supervision will be provided as part of this role.
* Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a behavioural
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Must be competent i.e. have the ability to practice safely and
effectively fulfilling the professional responsibility within the
scope of practice.
* Must demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
* Knowledge and understanding of contemporary approach and positive
behavioural support and an understanding of the principles of
* Excellent communication and personal interaction skills with
well-developed ability to listen and understand other people’s point
of view, manage situations of conflict, hostility or high levels of
* Highly developed ability to operate within a team, support team
members in dealing with difficult and complex situations, promote team
cohesiveness, facilitate debate in a supportive manner and challenge
other team members with a different perspective when required.
* Ability to manage, co-ordinate and prioritise the person supported
case work, complete work tasks within designated time frames, make
decisions and deal with related work stresses.
* A positive attitude towards working with people with intellectual
* Maintain a highly professional and supportive manner in providing
consultation, training and crises response to individuals and staff
teams. This includes maintaining the rights and dignity of the
supported person’s and engendering a culture of respect and
* Possess an excellent knowledge, in the assessment of behaviours of
concern/distressed behaviour, development of effective behaviour
management plans, implementing of behaviour support strategies
* Be aware and have a working knowledge of the St Patrick’s Centre
policies on Behaviours of concern/distressed behaviours.
* Co-operate with Personal Plan Framework
* Be familiar with, and practice, fire drill procedures within St
* Immediately report any accidents/incidents to the supported
person, staff and visitors to the appropriate person and keep adequate
* Be aware of, and abide by, local security procedures relating to
any premises in which one works.
* Promotion and development of best practice.
* Contribute to organisational learning.
* Respect formal line management structure
* Full Clean Driver’s License & own transport essential
_ST PATRICK’S CENTRE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER_
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
We need : English (Good)