SOS Kilkenny clg
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
JOB TITLE: Social Care Worker, Residential Service supporting
individuals with Intellectual Disabilities.
JOB LOCATION(S): Residential Locations in Kilkenny City and
REPORTING TO: Residential Manager
CONTRACT TYPE/HOURS: Opportunities for full time and relief positions.
Shift, Evening, Overnight and Weekend work are requirements for these
SALARY: Linked to HSE Social Care Worker Rate.
_(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide
to the role)._
* Responsibility to work as part of a team to assist residents to
lead a full life as contributing members in their own communities.
* Work as part of the team with the line manager in ensuring that
service objectives are met and reviewed so as to maintain, improve and
develop the service.
* Promote resident involvement, consultation and participation.
* To manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture
of safety, welfare and quality of life for residents.
* To support residents to have an enjoyable and fulfilling home
_EDUCATION & TRAINING:_
* Degree in Social Care, Social Studies, Nursing or other relevant
qualification at degree level.
* Working with individuals with intellectual disability/complex needs
a distinct advantage.
* Experience in delivering low arousal approaches in a person
_KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:_
* Awareness of key worker role & philosophy of supporting people with
* Knowledge of Health Act **Apply on the website**, HIQA and
* Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop
positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in particular
* Computer literacy
_COMPETENCIES AND VALUES:_
* Human Rights Based Approach.
* Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
* Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
* Planning and Organising.
* Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
* Full Driving Licence is essential.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to
**Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)