SOS KILKENNY CLG
SUPPORT WORKER DAY SERVICES
JOB TITLE: Support Workers - Aspect Day Service, for Adults with ASD
and ID (Reference No. SWA**Apply on the website**)
JOB LOCATION(S): Aspect, SOS Kilkenny, Callan Road, and various other
REPORTING TO: Aspect Co-Ordinator
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
HOURS: Contracts vary from **Apply on the website** hrs per week to
**Apply on the website**.5 hours per week, mostly daytime hours
however evening and weekend work may be involved in this role.
SALARY: Linked to HSE Grade
* Liaising appropriately with service users, their network of
support, family members and other professionals where applicable, to
ensure consistent planning.
* Working as part of a team to ensure that service objectives are
met and reviewed so as to improve and develop the service.
* Working in partnership with colleagues and management to
establish, maintain and monitor standards of performance for all
aspects of the service, including service user involvement and
* Working as part of a team in respect to risk management and
establishing the right balance in risk assessments between enabling
service users to make choices and fulfilling the service duty of care.
* Facilitation and support of individual programmes of meaningful
* Completion of reports as deemed necessary by the organisation.
* Supporting service users with regular exercise and outdoor
* Attendance and successful completion of any training, education
and development deemed necessary to support you in your role.
_(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide
to the role)._
_EDUCATION & TRAINING:_
* Minimum of FETAC LEVEL 7: Degree in Social Care/Applied Social
Studies/Psychology/Education or other relevant qualification at degree
* Working with individuals with intellectual disability and autism
spectrum disorder would be a distinct advantage.
* Experience in delivering positive behaviour support and low
arousal approaches in a person centred environment.
_KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:_
* Awareness of key worker role and philosophy surrounding supporting
people with complex needs.
* Have an understanding of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and
intellectual disability and supporting people with complex needs.
* New Directions, HIQA and National Standards.
* Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop
positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
* Programme planning.
* Computer literacy
* Ability to design schedules, write social stories, facilitate
achievement of individual’s personal goals
_COMPETENCIES AND VALUES:_
* Human Rights Based Approach.
* Knowledge of Low Arousal Philosophy & Practice.
* Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
* Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
* Planning and Organising.
* Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
* A Full Clean Driving Licence essential.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to
**Apply on the website**. Please quote the above reference number when
applying. Applications without the reference number will not be
Closing Date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 9th December
**Apply on the website**.
We need : English (Good)