SOS KILKENNY CLG
RELIEF SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
JOB TITLE: Relief Social Care Workers in Residential Services
supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual
Disabilities. (Ref to be quoted on applications: (Ref SCWR**Apply on
JOB LOCATION(S): Kilkenny City Residential Locations
REPORTING TO: Residential Manager / Team Leader
CONTRACT TYPE/HOURS: Relief positions to cover annual leave, sick
leave and other absences as and when required. Shift, Evening,
Overnight and Weekend work are requirements for these positions.
SALARY Linked to HSE Social Care Worker Rate.
_(THIS IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES BUT IS RATHER A GUIDE
TO THE ROLE)._
* Responsibility to work as part of a team to assist the people we
support to lead a full life as contributing members in their own
* Work as part of the team with the line manager in ensuring that
service objectives are met and reviewed so as to maintain, improve and
develop the service.
* Promote resident involvement, consultation and participation.
* To manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture
of safety, welfare and quality of life for residents.
* To support residents to have an enjoyable and fulfilling home
_EDUCATION & TRAINING:_
* Degree in Social Care, Social Studies, Nursing, Youth and Community
Studies, Psychology or Social Work or other relevant qualification at
* Working with individuals with intellectual disability/complex needs
a distinct advantage.
* Experience in delivering low arousal approaches in a person
_KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:_
* Awareness of key worker role & philosophy of supporting people with
* Knowledge of Health Act **Apply on the website**, HIQA and
* Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop
positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in particular
the people we support.
* Computer literacy
* Full Driving Licence is desirable.
_COMPETENCIES AND VALUES:_
* Human Rights Based Approach.
* Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
* Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
* Planning and Organising.
* Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to
**Apply on the website**. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE
ACCEPTED IF THE ABOVE REFERENCE IS NOT QUOTED.
We need : English (Good)