POST: RESIDENTIAL COORDINATOR
REPORTING TO: Director of Compliance and Quality Improvement
RESPONSIBLE TO: Darren Wright Registered Provider Representative
* A degree or masters at level 7 or 8 in the area of Nursing, Health
or Social Care
* A third level management qualification
* Evidence of further education in social care/ health related
* Minimum three years of management/supervisory experience in the
nursing/social care area with evidence of demonstrate excellent
management and leadership skills.
* Working with people with intellectual disabilities for at least 5
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant HIQA regulations
and standards and all other relevant legislation.
* A proven track record in the delivery of Person Centered System
services and supports in Social Care
* A flexible working approach that responds to the changing needs of
a **Apply on the website**/7 service.
* A full clean drivers licence and access to their own means of
* Good interpersonal, organisational and administration skills.
* Provide out of hours/call support on a rotational basis when
* Understand the role of the person participating in management
The post involves four key performance areas:
* Person in Charge- supporting the PIC in line with the Health Act
**Apply on the website**, related regulations, and HIQA standards.
Ensuring the PIC and staff team are implementing the services policies
and procedures especially under the areas of resident welfare, human
resource matter and health/safety.
* Audit and Quality Improvement- develop, implement, and review a
specific schedule of local and regulation required audits across all
designated centres. Monitor quality improvement initiatives through
centres overarching Quality Improvement Plans.
* Professional Development and Supervision of Staff- advise on and
implement professional development processes for PIC’s, and/or staff
team working in Residential Services in order to ensure an
appropriately trained/educated and motivated staff team.
* Policy Implementation and review- advise and oversee PICs and
staff team of the implementation of the HIQA standards and
legislation. Advise and oversee PIC’s and staff team of
implementation of all current service policies and procedures.
CRITICAL KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
These are implemented with explicit guidance from the Quality Director
or Registered Provider Representative:
* To ensure a comprehensive weekly report is received and reviewed
from each designated centre which outlines how care and supports are
been implemented and reviewed in line with regulation requirements.
* To ensure that all personal plans and associated files in centres
are maintained in a professional manner and in keeping with
regulations/ legislative requirements, policies and best practice
* To utilise facilities, equipment and materials responsibly
ensuring minimum waste at all times.
* To participate in strategic planning for the company as indicated
by the Quality Director.
* To liaise with the regulators for example HIQA or HSE.
* Ensure new developments are in line with the overall Service
Strategic Plan and all staff is aware and become familiar with the
* To uphold the highest standard of service delivery to the
residents availing of supports.
* To ensure that all programmes /services/supports are supervised in
an effective and efficient manner, in consultation with relevant
* To promote models of service provision which respect the rights
and dignity of residents.
* To ensure that all resources allocated to Residential Services are
utilised effectively and efficiently. To monitor the upkeep of
accommodation and make recommendations on budget allocation.
* Participation in scheduled formal supervision with PICs and Team
* In consultation with PICs to review staffing rosters so that they
effectively utilise available human resources.
* To act as PPIM of centres as per requirement in conjunction with
the Quality Director.
* To coordinate all maintenance and purchase requisitions for the
designated centre/s/area of responsibility in conjunction with the
* Co-ordinate Health & Safety for the designated centre/s/area of
responsibility with PICs.
* To manage risk with PICs in line with the ‘Risk Management
Policy’ and maintain the Risk Management Register for the designated
centre/s / area of responsibility.
* To participate in the recruitment and selection of permanent and
* To act in the role of Deputy Designated Person (Safeguarding) as
required and to manage allegations of non-accidental injury / abuse in
conjunction with the Programme Manager; in the absence of the
* To chair regular review meetings with PICs in line with Terms of
* To follow up on actions agreed by the management team post monthly
* To gather data sets monthly in the areas set out on the management
team meeting templates.
* To coordinate the formal and informal supervision of persons in
charge and team leaders.
* To ensure the coordination of monthly audit schedules (announced
and unannounced) which inform a Quality Improvement Plan for each
* To meet on a regular basis with the Quality Director and Provider
to brief / update on the progress of action plans, notifications to
HIQA and the welfare of residents at each designated centre.
* To deputise for the Quality Director during periods of leave in
terms set strictly set out.
* To provide on call services for centres as required.
* To act as PPIM for centres as required and submitted to the
* To ensure all required regulation paperwork is maintained reviewed
and updated as required for each centre.
* To coordinate any crisis management plans for centres as required,
adapting to changes in the role of residential coordinator as required
for these crisis periods.
APPLICATIONS TO: **Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE: **Apply on the website**/**Apply on the
website**/**Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)