JOB TITLE: FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
LOCATION: CARRIGALINE FAMILY SUPPORT CENTRE, CARRIGALINE LIONS YOUTH
CENTRE, CHURCH ROAD, CARRIGALINE, CO. CORK
CONTRACT: PART-TIME FLEXIBLE HOURS
The vision for Carrigaline Family Support Centre Support services is
to provide focused family support with a community-based approach to
build on the strengths and assets within the community to achieve
positive outcomes for the children, young people and their families.
It has a multi-agency approach and seeks to present a Family Support
Service that will be available to identified families and enable
parents from all backgrounds to create healthy family relationships.
This post will support families in The Carrigaline and Lower Harbour
* The Family Support worker (FSW) will develop, deliver and support
parents’ participation in the parenting and other supportive
programmes offered at Carrigaline Family Support Centre.
* The FSW will carry out an Assessment of Need with families which
will enable and empower the family to fully participate in their own
development and that of their community.
* The FSW will identify and link children and young people
experiencing emotional and behavioural difficulties or presenting with
welfare concerns into targeted individual and mentoring work.
* The FSW will identify and link parents into a supportive Parenting
Mentoring Programmes. The FSW will be responsible for recruiting,
selecting, training and supervising volunteers for involvement in the
Parent and Child Mentoring Programme.
* The FSW may establish and facilitate a parent and toddler group
which may include supportive information sharing on agreed topics and
* In partnership with parents & the CFC manager the FSW will prepare
reports regarding individual children or families and participating in
case conferences or other meetings concerning the welfare of children
* The FSW will maintain accurate and efficient records of work
carried out, ensuring they utilise suitable evaluation tools for each
* The FSW will participate in monthly team meetings and other
meetings as requested to discuss CFSC plans and supports for families
* The FSW will promote the Carrigaline Family Support Centres’
services to external agencies and groups.
Education to National Diploma or Degree Standards in one or more of
the following, Applied Social Studies, Social Work, Psychology, Youth
and Community work, Education, Family Support, Early years and
* A minimum of three years’ experience working with families.
* Experience assessing adults needs, group facilitation skills and
supporting adults to engage with further education and training
* Ability to communicate clearly and work closely with other members
of the team
* Report writing experience
* Group work experience
* Knowledge and experience of current theories and practice
underpinning Family Support Services.
* Positive and flexible approach to team working
* Excellent written and oral communication, including report
* Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power point and MS
* To act in a professional manner at all times
* To participate in regular supervision with your line manager
* Flexibility in relation to hours of work to meet the needs of the
work. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
* Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in
training opportunities appropriate to the role.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR THIS ROLE
GARDA VETTING: As our work involves contact with young people,
candidates under consideration will be subject to Garda Vetting
REFERENCES: The successful candidate will undergo 2 reference checks
FULL CLEAN DRIVERS LICENCE AND ACCESS TO A CAR IS A REQUIREMENT FOR
Post is **APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** HOURS per week with a salary of
€**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**,**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE** per annum, annual
leave entitlement is pro rate based on **Apply on the website** day
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT.
Please forward a copy of your C.V. with a letter of application
outlining your suitability for the role marked Private and
Confidential to the Manager, Carrigaline Family Support Centre,
Lion’s Youth centre, Church Road, Carrigaline, Co. Cork, P**Apply on
the website**FR**Apply on the website**
Or email to: **Apply on the website**
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS WEDNESDAY JULY **APPLY ON THE
WEBSITE**TH. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. INTERVIEWS WILL
TAKE PLACE THE FIRST WEEK IN AUGUST.
THIS POST IS FUNDED BY TUSLA
We need : English (Good)