REQUEST FOR TENDER
UNDERTAKE A FEASIBILITY STUDY TO CREATE/DEVELOP A SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
MODEL AROUND AN ENTERPRISE SERVICE HUB/SHARED SERVICES FOR
* Tenders are invited on behalf of Action Community & Enterprise CLG
(Ace Enterprise park), to undertake a feasibility study to investigate
the development of a sustainable model of enterprise services based in
Ace Enterprise Park.
* The closing date for submission of an expression of interest is
July **Apply on the website**th **Apply on the website** at 6pm.
Submission should be made in a word document via email to **Apply on
* Documents associated with the request for Tender:
* Scope of Tender
* Background to Tender
* Award criteria and scoring to be utilised in the assessment of the
* General Conditions
All queries should be addressed to **Apply on the website**
A. SCOPE OF TENDER
Ace Enterprise Park in conjunction with Enterprise Ireland are seeking
tenders for a feasibility study which will outline the opportunity to
develop a sustainable business model for an Enterprise hub/Shared
Services based within Ace Enterprise Park.
Our vision of an Enterprise Hub/Shared Services is where
professional/experts would be physically located on site in Ace
Enterprise park, and the team be comprised of the necessary skills
required for business: Finance/Legal/Sales &
Marketing/HR/Creative/Designers/Website developers etc. This list is
not intended to be comprehensive.
The feasibility study contractor will specifically be tasked to
outline the following :
* Primary survey to ascertain demand for proposed service with
secondary desk research and collaboration with local/national
* To identify a similar service based on the island of Ireland or
* If there is a similar model in the sector, or sector adjacent,
what are the learnings?
* To provide a broad estimate of costs to convert the existing
building into an Enterprise Hub and ability to offer shared
services/co-working spaces with a focus on IT infrastructure.
* The development of a sustainable business model including funding
* To conduct a study of startups in the greater Dublin region and
understand their needs and wants and what is determined as a critical
* To explore how the day-to-day operation of the Enterprise hub
* To explore pipeline of potential clients
* To devise a selection criteria which identifies the
solopreneurs/experts/suitably qualified professional needed to fulfill
the professional competency capability and deliver outputs.
* To compile the report in which the board of Ace Enterprise park
can make the decision on whether to proceed with a pilot scheme and to
apply for further funding under REDF.
We Expect the total costs not to exceed €**Apply on the
website**,**Apply on the website**, and to be completed within an 8-
**Apply on the website** week time frame.
B. BACKGROUND TO TENDER
ACE ENTERPRISE PARK:
Established in **Apply on the website** Ace Enterprise Park is a
social enterprise (Non-profit) run by a small management team on site
with oversight from a voluntary board of directors.
Ace Enterprise Park has over **Apply on the website**,**Apply on the
website** square feet across two sites, with approximately **Apply on
the website** active clients, of which **Apply on the website** based
on the site.
Historically Ace Enterprise Park has been involved in delivering Start
Your Own Business courses in conjunction with the local LEO office and
South Dublin County Partnership.
Currently Ace Enterprise Park facilitates the mentoring of young
startup businesses through the local Leo office.
To access the flexible working space in Ace Enterprise the
organization or business must first meet certain criteria including
business sustainability, the ability to create local employment and
not displace current businesses among others.
The Board of Ace Enterprise recently revised their strategy to
incorporate a more active role in creating an Entrepreneur culture and
to facilitate collaboration within the Enterprise Community.
Outside of the “Own Door” spaces, there is considerable communal
space within the facility that could be modified to achieve an
effective Co working space for start-ups with the appropriate experts
to hand, that could directly affect and improve the outcome of the
Traditionally in the Community Enterprise Sector, there has been a
reliance on “Anchor” tenants, either from the Community or
Enterprise Sector. Whilst Ace are mindful of retaining the
“Anchor” Community tenant, there is a need to explore the
potential to add value to start ups.
C) AWARD CRITERIA
CRITERION - _MAX SCORE_
KEY PROJECT PERSONNEL, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE OF PROPOSED
CONSULTANTS. Please demonstrate the range and breadth of previous
relevant experience and quality and level of resources to be applied
to the project. Include references and/or samples of previous work.
Minimum score of **Apply on the website** needed -_ **APPLY ON THE
TENDER CONTENT AND METHODOLOGY
Please demonstrate understanding of the requirements including the
sector, proposed approach, proposed management, deliverable and
measures for ensuring quality. Minimum score of **Apply on the
website** needed - _**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**_
This should include the total costs including Vat and full breakdown
of daily rate/travel etc - _**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**_
TOTAL SCORE AVAILABLE - _**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**_
D) GENERAL CONDITIONS
* The lowest cost proposal received is not a guarantee of award of
* A current tax clearance certificate must be provided.
* A copy of the professional indemnity insurance.
* Payment for services covered by the proposed contract will be on
foot of appropriate invoices, which will be based on agreed
deliverables. Invoicing arrangements will be agreed with the
successful proposer, following the award of the contract.
* The proposed will be subject to the same reporting; accounting,
administrative and other requirements imposed on Ace Enterprise Park
by Enterprise Ireland and will be required to comply with these to the
* All costs must be quoted in Euro, inclusive of Vat (clearly
shown). The total estimated costs should be clearly stated.
* Ace Enterprise Park will not be bound to accept any of the
proposals received and may decide to enter into negotiations or
discussions with one or more of the invited potential.
* Any conflicts of interest involving a tender must be fully
disclosed to Ace Enterprise Park. Failure to disclose a conflict of
interest may disqualify a bidder or invalidate an award of contract
depending on when the conflict of interest comes to light.
* Right of cancellation. The award of a tender does not give rise to
any enforceable rights by the successful tender, Ace Enterprise Park
may cancel the tender process at anytime prior to a contract being
* No additional fees or costs other than those originally quoted by
the firm for the services when tendering for the project will be paid
and any additional fees or costs will be borne by the consultants
Ace Enterprise Park will not be liable in respect of any costs
incurred by consultants in the preparation of tenders or any
associated work effort .
The successful bid is not indicative of any future work in relation to
Enterprise Ireland and REDF funding.
We need : English (Good)