* Generation of product & tooling drawings to support Quotations,
Prototyping and Process Development.
* Product and process concept generation, presentation, prototyping
* Providing technical support to the Sales and Marketing team.
* Creating assembly & project quotations and communicate effectively
* Dealing with customer enquiries and be able to communicate clearly
both written and oral.
Product and Process Development
* Development of Products, Processes and Equipment, including product
and material specifications, material sourcing, equipment and tooling
specifications and sourcing, process development and testing, to
develop new products for customers or the Company from concept to
* Project manage all developments to ensure that all commitments are
achieved including functional prototypes, delivery dates, design
iteration samples, test protocols and reports, project costs and to
ensure other project deliverables are achieved.
* Ensure full compliance with all Quality, Regulatory, Health and
Safety and other relevant legislation. This will include the
completion of Design History Files, Design Inputs, Outputs, Design
Reviews, Log books, etc as necessary. Ensure full traceability of
Design Development and control of changes.
* Ensure full and effective transfer of new products after Design
Freeze to manufacturing areas ensuring that the product and processes
are fully developed to allow product/process validation to begin.
Provide comprehensive training to production, quality and technical
staff to ensure a smooth production start including validations and
records. Note that this stage is to be handled through the official
change control (ECR/ECO) procedures.
* Constantly review development processes to ensure they are
effective and compliant with the goal to achieve the optimum
development cycles at minimum cost. Ensure Lean GROWTTH principles are
followed especially 3P, 5S, DMAIC and 6 sigma.
* Provide effective internal and external reporting. Ensure Tax
credit data and reports are maintained and compiled ongoing and are
available at the end of each year.
* Ensure the R&D centre is fully equipped and maintained in
excellent order. Motivate the development team and ensure effective
use of resources.
* Train and develop associate engineers and other technical staff.
Assign tasks and provide support and assistance to the development
* Provide assistance and support to other departments including
Production, Quality and Technical as required. This could include
major issues with newly developed products/processes, resource
balancing and major priorities. Participate in CAPA, Audit,
Validation, MRB/NCMR activities if required.
* Third level qualification in Engineering or Science, preferably in
Mechanical or Biomedical, Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in a
Science / Technology / Engineering related discipline (Mechanical,
Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent).
* Minimum 6 years experience in a Medical Devices environment with
knowledge of medical device products and associated manufacturing
processes, in particular with extrusion-based catheter assemblies.
* Design capability with CAD systems (Solid Edge).
Freudenberg Medical is a global partner for the design, development,
and manufacture of innovative medical device technologies. We offer
the following services to medical device, pharmaceutical and IVD
clients worldwide - product design and development, silicone and
thermoplastic moulding and extrusion, complex catheter systems,
assembly, packaging, and engineering services.
For nearly **Apply on the website** years, medical device and
healthcare companies around the world have looked to Freudenberg
Medical to make a difference as the custom manufacturer that medical
industry leaders can trust. We operate FDA-registered, ISO **Apply on
the website** certified medical device facilities with Class 7 & 8
cleanrooms. Freudenberg Medical maintains design and manufacturing
centres in California, Indiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Costa Rica,
Europe and Asia.
VistaMed, a Freudenberg Medical Joint Venture Company are a leading
provider of complex extrusions, finished catheters and devices to the
minimally invasive medical device industry. We are a “one stop
shop” solution for the Design, Manufacture, Assembly, Sterilisation
and Distribution of Catheters. VistaMed’s Culture is positive and
very team orientated. In our workplace environment, we are
enthusiastic about helping others with our innovative medical devices.
Our Company is very driven to be a leader in the Medical Device
sector, and always eager to improve the quality of life in the
patients in which we serve.
VistaMed is a local, innovative, high growth company with a
collaborative, high performance work environment. Our highly talented
teams of committed employees enable us to be the best, remain leaders
in our field, and deliver first-class service to our clients. We
understand that our team drive the company and therefore we are
committed to ensuring personal development, safety, happiness and
prosperity for all our employees.
We are currently hiring a Senior R & D Engineer:
* Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced, team-driven, “lean”
systems environment, where every day brings new projects and
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt in a challenging, fast
It’s an exciting time to work in VistaMed. We know our ability to
succeed depends upon the people we employ. Leading-edge technology,
the highest standards and outstanding people make Freudenberg Medical
the employer of choice in this industry. We offer a competitive salary
plus benefits. Learn more at (Please contact us using the "Apply for
this Job Posting" box below) or .com
Freudenberg Medical and VistaMed are an equal opportunity/affirmative
We need : English (Good)