are recruiting for 2 workers to join our team in the South East –
based in Wexford.
This is a full-time permanent role.
Our field staff come from all walks of life with a vast array of
backgrounds, talents and experience, and are united by a sincere
interest in the growth and development of others.
We need professionals who are compassionate and articulate and who can
convert the Active Connections CLG experience into a life lesson.
Previous experience working with at risk adolescents. Communication
skills including active listening, giving and receiving feedback and
clearly conveying expectations are important skills for instructors.
Staff will receive training, supervision and a competitive hourly rate
+ fuel/activity funds.
GENERAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To work directly with young people referred by Tusla/HSE, generally
staff 1:1 with young people.
* To schedule programmes of work and projects in partnership with
* To develop and maintain a good working relationship with referrers
and careers of young people;
* To establish and maintain an effective system of communications
with supervisor, referrer and careers;
* To produce session and review reports for the supervisor;
* To operate within the materials budget allocated;
* Develop further the field guide for the area of operation
* To ensure that all work done complies with both organisational and
statutory health and safety regulations and legislation.
* Any other duties commensurate with the post
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS:
* Qualification in Social Care/Counselling/Psychotherapy or relevant
qualification in this field.
* Experience with outdoor activities
* Preferably an INSTRUCTOR level qualification in at least one
* **Apply on the website** months’ post qualification experience
working and supporting service users is a preference
* Full Clean Driver’s License and use of own car
* Experience of report writing (Desirable)
* First aid qualification
* An ability to work flexibly and in an innovative way
Please send CV’s to **Apply on the website**
We need : English (Good)