JOB TITLE: OLDER PERSONS’ MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
NAME OF EMPLOYER: NORTHSIDE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE
Northside Family Resource Centre since its establishment in **Apply on
the website** has sought to respond to the needs of the local
community by providing:
* structures which facilitate local people to support each other and
search for ways to improve the quality of life in the area
* services in answer to the needs of families and family members
* support for those most disadvantaged and socially excluded.
The OLDER PERSONS’ MENTAL HEALTH WORKER will support the effective
running of older persons’ projects and programmes in Northside
Family Resource Centre within the context of the Covid-**Apply on the
website** Pandemic. Working closely with the Co-ordinator of Older
Persons’ Services they will support the development of a system of
supports aimed at fostering and maintaining the older person’s
mental well-being, independence, social inclusion, and community
The Older Persons’ Mental Health Worker will have responsibility for
Among these are:
* Compensating for the lack of social interaction throughout the
Pandemic through innovative and creative initiatives
* Create fun and engaging opportunities which Older People can
* Friendly Call Service
* Home Visiting Service
* Referrals and signposting
* Attention to those returning home from hospital
* One-to-one advocacy and support
* Build interagency relationships with statutory and community
* Input into the strategic development of the project and funding
opportunities as they arise
* Other relevant activities
THE OLDER PERSON’S MENTAL HEALTH WORKER WILL ENSURE:
* They are acquainted with the aims and objectives of the service
* The positive ethos and values of the Centre are adhered to
* Projects are developed according to community development
* Work is carried out in a professional manner guided by the
principles and policies of the FRC
* They work as part of a team
* Policies and procedures of the service are implemented
* They adhere to the Elder Protection Policy and Procedures –
reporting any issues of concern to the Designated Liaison Officer.
* Best practice is observed in all aspects of the work
* Older people are always treated with respect
RELATIVE TO THEIR AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY THE MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
* Build positive relationships with older people in the community
* Identify older people who would benefit from involvement in
programmes and activities and encouraging their involvement
* Plan and deliver mental health and well-being activities
* Encourage older people to actively participate in the design and
development of programmes and offer opportunities for them to feedback
on the programmes delivered
In line with the primary ethos and focus of the FRC the Mental Health
• Work with the family of the older person if appropriate
• Engage in local and regional structures
The Mental Health Worker will:
* Maintain appropriate records of target group and activities in a
* Keep financial records where necessary
* Source and apply for funding where appropriate
* Compile relevant reports as required, completing them within the
* Report to subcommittees of Board of Management where appropriate
* Support the promotion of awareness and knowledge of the work of
* Use of social media to highlight events
* Develop, deliver and support programmes in partnership with other
groups that will meet the needs of older people where appropriate
* Liaise with other agencies and services working with older people
and attend meetings where appropriate and agreed
* Have regard for the changing environment within a Global Pandemic
* Undertake other relevant duties as requested from time to time by
the Co-ordinator of Older People’s Services
* Take responsibility with other staff for the general work of the
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
There is an expectation of evening and some weekend work.
This is a full-time position of **Apply on the website** hours a week.
A **Apply on the website**-month fixed term contract.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications (no less than
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** pa pro rata)
_PLEASE SEE PERSON SPECIFICATION ATTACHED BELOW._
* Sufficient clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and
evidence based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities
of the role.
* That he/she practices nursing care safely and effectively,
fulfilling her / his professional responsibility within her / his
scope of practice.
* That he/she practices in accordance with legislation affecting
* The ability to plan and organise effectively.
* A commitment to providing a quality service.
* The ability to build and maintain relationships including the
ability to work effectively as part of a multi disciplinary team.
* Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Excellent communication skills, including sufficient command of
the English language so as to effectively carry out the duties and
responsibilities of the role.
* Evidence of ability to empathise with and treat patients,
relatives and colleagues with dignity and respect.
* A commitment to continuing professional development.
* An awareness of developments within the HSE.
* Knowledge of the HSE Slainte Care.
A willingness to engage and develop Information Technology skills
relevant to the role.
HOW TO APPLY:
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION PLEASE GO TO:
We need : English (Good)