Maynooth Students’ Union
Aontas na Mac Léinn Mhá Nuad
JOB REF: MSUARA**APPLY ON THE WEBSITE**
(Please quote this reference in the subject field on all email
ACADEMIC REPRESENTATION ADMINISTRATOR
The Academic Representation Administrator will report to the Director
of Democratic Affairs and will work closely with other Maynooth
Students’ Union staff and officers on a range of areas. The Academic
Representation Administrator will play a key role in the recruitment
and election of Student Academic Representatives and the development
and delivery of an effective Student Academic Representatives System.
They will also support the development and implementation of the
principles and recommendations of the National Student Engagement
Programme (NStEP) and facilitate and support the activities of NStEP.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND OTHER DUTIES:
This will include:
* Support the development of the Student Academic Representatives
System to ensure delivery of an effective system. Monitor good
practice across the sector and benchmark the Student Academic
Representatives System against key areas.
* Co-ordinate the recruitment and elections (online and offline) for
Student Academic Representatives through planning, implementation,
technical support, and research.
* Plan, co-ordinate and deliver effective training for Student
Academic Representatives and other relevant stakeholders of the
Student Academic Representatives System.
* Co-ordinate Academic Assemblies and Committee meetings and other
engagement activity to ensure high levels of participation by Student
Academic Representatives, Faculty Representatives and other key
student members. Prepare regular reports on discussion topics for the
Director of Democratic Affairs.
* Provide effective clerical support and minute taking for relevant
Student Academic representatives committees and meetings.
* Co-ordinate and prepare effective briefings for VP Education,
Faculty Convenors, and Postgraduate representative
* Co-ordinate and deliver specific mechanisms, support and training
for specific student groups to effectively participate in the Student
Academic Representatives system.
* Co-ordinate and develop mechanisms to provide regular activity and
impact reports to highlight activity being undertaken by Student
* In conduction with their Line Manager and other relevant staff,
co-ordinate area communications including website, newsletters, social
media, displays etc, to ensure high levels of awareness of topical
issues, to support the aims of the area.
* Create participation reports, development plans, surveys and other
documents to continuously monitor and develop activity within the
* Support the VP Education in fulfilling their constitutional
function, mandate requirements, and manifesto pledges
* Support key academic campaign activities and planning through a
variety of support activities, and sector wide knowledge.
* Support students in correctly, appropriately, and effectively
engaging with the Student Academic Representatives system and sign
posting them to other MSU representative structures and staff as
* Co-ordinate MSUs efforts in developing, implementing, and
embedding the principles and recommendations of the National Student
Engagement Programme (NStEP) and facilitate and support the activities
* Stay up to date with latest sector trends and practices
* Carry out ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the Director of Democratic
Underpinning, embedding, & supporting
* Principles of effective representation & partnership
* Representation structure
* Communication, responsibilities, & expectations
* Staff Student Consultative Committees
* Elections of Student Representatives
* Recognition for student representatives
* Training & support for students & staff
NOTE: as the Maynooth Students’ Union continues to expand and
evolve, it is likely that some flexibility, regarding the allocation
of specific duties, will be necessary. Accordingly, the list of duties
detailed above is not intended to be exclusive or restrictive; duties
may be added or withdrawn but any such alterations will take place
within the remit of campaign support.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* Relative relevant experience in a student engagement or secretarial
* An understanding and appreciation of the Maynooth Students’
Union’s purpose, and the desire to contribute positively to the
* A collaborative working style with the ability to develop strong
relationships and engagement with the Maynooth Students’ Union
community and external stakeholders
* Ability to work under pressure to high standards and high level of
accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with excellent
inter-personal skills and an ability to foster strong relationships
and networks with diverse student and stakeholder groups.
* Proven ability to work well as part of a team but will also have
demonstrated their ability to use their own initiative.
* Proactive, energetic, enthusiastic and adaptable approach to a
variety of tasks and projects
* Primary degree
* Previous students’ union experience
* Understanding of the students’ union sector
* Evidence of taking the lead in the design and implementation of
* Ability to prioritise and deliver high quality work with minimum
* Experience in use of sensitive / confidential material
MAYNOOTH STUDENTS’ UNION
Maynooth Students’ Union is the representative body for the students
of Maynooth University (MU) and Saint Patricks College Maynooth (SPCM)
and seeks to serve their social, cultural, welfare, educational,
political, and developmental needs, to further their interests, and
generally to enhance their well-being. MSU operate a student centre
and provides a range of supports and other services to the student
body. MSU also operates as a registered club for the purposes of
running a members Bar (and venue).
MSU is an unincorporated association whose aims and objectives are
defined by its Constitution adopted by its members.
MSU’s activities are primarily directed through the MSU Executive
(comprising elected Full Time and Part Time Officers) with policy
oversight from the MSU Student Senate (comprising the MSU Executive,
Student Academic Reps, Clubs & Societies Council Members, and directly
elected Student Senators, representing various interests) together
with governance oversight from the MSU Board of Trustees. The MSU
President is the prime student representative. The MSU President is
assisted by the MSU Executive, the MSU Student Senate, and by the MSU
Operations & Finance Manager and their staff.
MSU is a member organisation with the Union of Students in Ireland.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT
* Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend for interview
* Candidates invited for interview will be required to bring a demo
reel or portfolio for presentation at interview
* Appointments will be approved by the Board of Trustees based on
the recommendation of the interview panel
* It is anticipated that interviews will be held during the week
commencing Monday, 5 July **Apply on the website**.
* The appointment is expected to be effective as soon as possible
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Fulltime position with Maynooth Students’ Union made permanent
subject to the satisfactory completion of a probationary period.
Salary band of €**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** -
€**Apply on the website**,**Apply on the website** applied based on
Maynooth Students’ Union will process any personal data provided by
you in connection with an application for this role in accordance with
the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts
**Apply on the website**.
If your application is successful and you accept an offer of
employment at Maynooth Students’ Union, then your personal data will
be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice for Employees.
You can view our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website:
We need : English (Good)